Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2022, 05:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Re-tasked display

BogeyPro, we re-tasked the 28” display to our home kitchen equipped with an Apple TV for YouTube TV after installing a 32” Samsung in the galley of our GT.
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:57 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' Classic
Napa , California
Repurpose antenna cable?

So if the hockey puck on the roof is the XM antenna, what type of cable is attached to the hockey puck? Can I repurpose that cable for some other antenna?
wineteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LU View Post
There is a Galaxy SXM hockey puck antenna on the roof and I've located the antenna cable in the wall next to the radio.
Hi. Trying to find the cable from the antenna in the wall next to the radio. I’ve disassembled everything but cannot find the cable. Did you find it behind the speaker and what was color was it? I just can’t locate it. Thanks for letting me know.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Attachment 414823
Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Hi. Trying to find the cable from the antenna in the wall next to the radio. I’ve disassembled everything but cannot find the cable. Did you find it behind the speaker and what was color was it? I just can’t locate it. Thanks for letting me know.
Never mind, found it! It’s a thin grey cable with the female antenna connector at the top, in case others are searching for it. Circled in red in the attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B014977D-65E0-43C8-B9DD-0D98455DA97A.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	414824  
Old 04-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #25
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
Yes, that is the antenna, the gray cable runs down inside the wall panel by the radio. All you need is the XM connector and you are set. Well that and an XM account.

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been on the road and off line. Good luck
J-LU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #26
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
Man, I am sorry I missed your question. But yes that is the antenna cable, I bought the SXV300 connector and that was all I needed. Plus the XM account. I got the SXV300 off Amazon.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:06 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Man, I am sorry I missed your question. But yes that is the antenna cable, I bought the SXV300 connector and that was all I needed. Plus the XM account. I got the SXV300 off Amazon.
No worries at all. Your original post saved me actually as I had given up on satellite, thinking installing an antenna on the roof was needed and I didn’t want to go there. I am up and running. Bought the SXV300 on Amazon, found the cable and connected everything. All working perfectly. We’ll now have a bit of entertainment, even when out in the boonies! Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:30 AM   #28
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
Nice!

I am glad to hear that but I wonder why there isn't more information like this out there. I wonder what other things like this are on our trailers!?

I have now been able to rock out on XM while enjoying great scenic views and truck stop views, it makes things pretty nice to have!

Safe travels, stay safe and have fun out there.

jlu
Old 04-26-2022, 08:11 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Nice!

I am glad to hear that but I wonder why there isn't more information like this out there. I wonder what other things like this are on our trailers!?

I have now been able to rock out on XM while enjoying great scenic views and truck stop views, it makes things pretty nice to have!

Safe travels, stay safe and have fun out there.

jlu
While we’re on the topic of info like this, you do know your unit is likely pre wired for an LTE/Wi-Fi antenna? I assume you do but just in case. Enjoy your travels.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:39 PM   #30
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
The LTE WiFi antenna is on my list because my hotspots are working but I know I'll need that extra reach of the antenna. What have you done? Any advice would save me the hours of overthinking it, haha...but for real. I was just looking at this on my list two weeks ago, good stuff and it's always somehting.
Old 05-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
The LTE WiFi antenna is on my list because my hotspots are working but I know I'll need that extra reach of the antenna. What have you done? Any advice would save me the hours of overthinking it, haha...but for real. I was just looking at this on my list two weeks ago, good stuff and it's always somehting.
Here's a link to my full install of the router and antenna. Lots of details and photos. Went with Pepwave for the antenna and router. I'm quite pleased with it.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...re-230886.html

Any questions, let me know.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #32
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
That is amazing! I feel like a smuck for not providing that level of detail on the SXM hookup, thanks for setting the example. That's gonna work for me, I'll be tackling that soon. Saving that thread as that is all the research I need! Thank you
Old 06-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
San Mateo , California
Guys, picked up a new 2022 25 FB GT in April, took on a 3days shake down trip, 1st thing I did was to connect to XM radio as all my vehicles have this. I went to the menu, XP was there, I picked and put in my credentials. Bingo all worked. The radio should of had the interface built in, no idea why you would have to purchase this or even look for the antenna. Is AS screwing up? I do not know. Working great in Western BC. I now have a major issue with factory HDMI cable as I added Dish TV - worked on two trips, stopped working, no connection on the TV. Did several tests, purchase a HDMI cable in Tofino BC at a $60 cost ( Tofino is the end of the world ) bingo ran from the received to the TV exposed - all worked. Taking into AS dealer after I get back, HDMO cable runs through the aluminum structure and I am guessing when they pulled this through they nicked one of the 19 conductors. I have to wait till I get back as I have a HDMI tester ( I am an electrical contractor so this is easy ). To replace this will be a bitch. All of the CAT6/HDMI and LV cable should of gone through a 1.25 smuff tube so to repull cables, they all go bad.

AS needs to get a AV/LV consultant. -

Bruce
Brucedann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:09 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucedann View Post
Guys, picked up a new 2022 25 FB GT in April, took on a 3days shake down trip, 1st thing I did was to connect to XM radio as all my vehicles have this. I went to the menu, XP was there, I picked and put in my credentials. Bingo all worked. The radio should of had the interface built in, no idea why you would have to purchase this or even look for the antenna. Is AS screwing up? I do not know. Working great in Western BC.

Bruce
My GT was built late last year. Had to buy the XM tuner for it to work. I can only imagine they changed the radio model and it is now actually built in versus just ready. Do you have the model number of your radio?
Old 06-28-2022, 09:06 AM   #35
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
San Mateo , California
This is the MS RA770, probably what you have, maybe they got smart and now install XM as standard. This whole audio system is so much better than what I had in the 2019 International 23, I think this had the cheap Clarion radio which I removed and installed the Pioneer touch screen radio which I had to install the XM interface.
Brucedann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Insignia Fire TV Audio back to Fusion RA770

I just purchased the Insignia 24-inch Class F20 Series Smart HD 720p Fire TV (NS-24DF310NA21, 2020 Model)
did the installation on the mount in the galley, and now struggling to enable the tv audio back to the Fusion RA770.

LLando88, could you tell me the steps you took to enable the bluetooth from the Insignia? Is there a setting on the TV itself, that you have to configure?

Quote:
After setting it up on the camp WiFi (we are at a park with a very strong WiFi connection this week), I attached it to our Amazon account. Then I set up the Bluetooth output directly to the Fusion stereo, and turned off the internal TV speakers. Pairing took a couple of tries; it seemed to work better once I moved the TV on the bracket so that it had a clear line of sight from the TV to the Fusion stereo.

jmshawk has this solution...might have to go this route if the bluetooth connection fails.

Quote:
It's not possible without some additions. If your TV supports HDMR ARC (audio return channel), you can add a HDMI audio extractor (~$50 from amazon) and install near the BluRay player with hookup to the fusion. This way you don't need to run any new wiring or rely on a wireless solution.

I upgraded my TV to a smart TV that has one ARC capable port. Not sure if the stock TV has a ARC HDMI port.
Thank you!!
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 Powerboost
BogeyPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post

LLando88, could you tell me the steps you took to enable the bluetooth from the Insignia? Is there a setting on the TV itself, that you have to configure?
Not that I recall, no. I did need to set the bracket as far out, facing the radio, as possible. This puts the TV direct line of sight to the Furion. I know, BT isn’t LoS but in RF, close is good. If you haven’t mounted the TV, might want to try to pair them with the TV sitting on the dinette, just under the radio.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:59 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Smile Got the Fire TV Bluetooth audio paired with the RA770..

• Make sure the RA770 Bluetooth is set to "Discoverable"
  • Turn on your TV
  • Navigate to the TV home screen
  • Select settings
    This is the crucial step...you need to page over to settings on the Home Screen, NOT the settings button on the remote!!
  • Now select controllers and Bluetooth devices
  • Next select other Bluetooth devices
  • Give it a second, then the RA770 should appear
  • Confirm the pairing and test audio

In my case, it worked like a charm on the galley TV...and I got extra lucky, it also paired on the bedroom TV.

BTW, those 24' Insignia Fire TV's are only us$99 right now at Best Buy. I'm selling the dumb monitors on Craigs List or Next Door.
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 Powerboost
BogeyPro is offline   Reply With Quote