Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2022, 10:36 PM   #1
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
Sirius XM Radio and the Fusion Radio

I have a '22 Globetrotter that came with the factory Fusion marine radio. It's cool and the place sounds badass, however, it did not come with the Sirius XM connection. There is a Galaxy SXM hockey puck antenna on the roof and I've located the antenna cable in the wall next to the radio. So I bought the SXM SXV300 connect kit, simple connection. Still no XM.

I called three different dealers, no help. I called the the Airstream mothership tech hotline and their books say the radio needs the SXM connect kit. Still no joy.

Contacted SXM Radio directly, they opened a ticket and are supposed to be working the issue but I haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had this issue? Is the SXV300 out of date and I need to use the SXV300V1M? I have open sky and all the required power needed to obtain the satellite connection but no dice.

I hope everyone is safe and well. Please let me know what you think.

V/r
jlu
J-LU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Interesting...I just went to the "source" menu in the MS-RA770 in my 2022 23GT and don't see "Sirius" listed either.

On the Fusion Link app, under Settings, General, Source, "Sirius" is listed with two options, 'Group Enabled' and an option to set the Source Name (I picked "Sirius") but playing with either of those, I still don't see Sirius listed back under the other 'source' menu.

I'll keep working with it and if I figure out how to get mine working I'll let you know. Seems like there should be a way to add Sirius to the list of valid selectable sources. I don't use Sirius myself, but do use Pandora running through BT a lot, which seems to work pretty well.

I am going to get the manual out soon (We are on the road doing our shake down) and see if I can work this out. I am a bit unclear on the relationship between the "zones" listed and the 4 speakers and sub in the coach.

My unit is version 5.40, NRX Remote Version 1.02.79. I am running Fusion Link version 2.7.2.127.471.

This stereo does sound a lot better than the previous unit, for sure.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Maybe not exactly what you’re asking. Instead of registering yet another XM radio, we use the XM app and stream to the Fusion via Bluetooth. Obviously the usefulness of this depends on if you have cell service where you camp and your data plan.

The Fusion system in my 21 Globetrotter sounded ok, but the interface to connect to Bluetooth and other functions is less than intuitive.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
I am a bit unclear on the relationship between the "zones" listed and the 4 speakers and sub in the coach.
FWIW: I did work out the "zones".

From the factory, all of them were enabled. I discovered that zones 3 and 4 were inop, so I disabled them so they won't show in the volume menu.

I then found that Zone 1 is actually the front stereophonic pair, so I relabeled that zone as "Front" (imaginative, huh?). Same for zone 2; that controlled the rear pair, relabeled as "Rear".

So now at least the "zones" make sense for me. I haven't figured out which pair is associated with the subwoofer as yet.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:46 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1999 28' Excella
Lake Mary , Florida
Sirius

Buy a Dock N Play Sirius boombox, works in your house, your tow vehicle and your RV
suncoasteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
While your at it-

That would be great information and while your at it I heard somehow the TV will play through the unit. a CD2? settting ? I personally liked the old system in our 19 but I can learn.

Quote:
Interesting...I just went to the "source" menu in the MS-RA770 in my 2022 23GT and don't see "Sirius" listed either.

On the Fusion Link app, under Settings, General, Source, "Sirius" is listed with two options, 'Group Enabled' and an option to set the Source Name (I picked "Sirius") but playing with either of those, I still don't see Sirius listed back under the other 'source' menu.

I'll keep working with it and if I figure out how to get mine working I'll let you know. Seems like there should be a way to add Sirius to the list of valid selectable sources. I don't use Sirius myself, but do use Pandora running through BT a lot, which seems to work pretty well.

I am going to get the manual out soon (We are on the road doing our shake down) and see if I can work this out. I am a bit unclear on the relationship between the "zones" listed and the 4 speakers and sub in the coach.

My unit is version 5.40, NRX Remote Version 1.02.79. I am running Fusion Link version 2.7.2.127.471.

This stereo does sound a lot better than the previous unit, for sure.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:58 PM   #7
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
Cool SXM Update

So here's the skinny on this whole deal. First thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions and comments. I do like the idea of renaming the "zones" to "front", "rear"...etc.

So I took off the cabinet door so I could move the radio cabinet. I basically unhooked everything and then reconnected the SXV100 SXM Connect, snapped the plug back into the Fusion radio and Houston, problem solved. I have no clue what I did different or if the connection to the back of the Fusion wasn't fully inserted or if it got pulled out while I reinstalled the cabinet.

If you haven't done the connection for SXM, I would give it a go. I can use the Fusion app to lower, raise the volume and change stations. All good now, sorry for the call out but thanks again for all the help. You inspired me that I'm not crazy and to take it all apart again. So thank you.

Be safe out there!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:25 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LU View Post
So here's the skinny on this whole deal. First thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions and comments. I do like the idea of renaming the "zones" to "front", "rear"...etc.

So I took off the cabinet door so I could move the radio cabinet. I basically unhooked everything and then reconnected the SXV100 SXM Connect, snapped the plug back into the Fusion radio and Houston, problem solved. I have no clue what I did different or if the connection to the back of the Fusion wasn't fully inserted or if it got pulled out while I reinstalled the cabinet.

If you haven't done the connection for SXM, I would give it a go. I can use the Fusion app to lower, raise the volume and change stations. All good now, sorry for the call out but thanks again for all the help. You inspired me that I'm not crazy and to take it all apart again. So thank you.

Be safe out there!
Great!!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:27 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
That would be great information and while your at it I heard somehow the TV will play through the unit. a CD2? settting ? I personally liked the old system in our 19 but I can learn.
Not sure playing the TV through the Fusion like the older rigs is possible with the stock setup in my GT. I’m trying to source a replacement for the dumb TV soon; if I get something working I’ll let you know.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
We use Dish TV that comes with SXM radio .
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #11
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
I found there is a delay with the audio if using the Fusion. I have an apple TV and I tried to send the audio through the Fusion but no joy getting around the delay. If you figure it out, please let me know. I want in on that one!
Old 04-05-2022, 08:56 AM   #12
Senior Esquire III

2022 27' Globetrotter
Buffalo , New York
I hadn't considered Dish, thank you. How is that working out?
Old 04-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
I hadn't considered Dish, thank you. How is that working out?
We used Dish (Wally+Tailgater) for two years extended travel in our previous 30' FC. It worked extremely well. We were very pleased with the service across the USA and Canada. If I were in the market for sat TV again (we're not, we are going all digital/streaming due to a windfall 999Gb a month for $5 deal with Verizon) I would order another of their packages without hesitation.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:26 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Out of interest I noticed my Fusion app had an available update to the head unit to revision 5.50. So I updated it this morning. Only works over WiFi or USB, so I attached a hard cable via the provided Airstream USB jack. Took about 10 minutes. After that, the unit rebooted and resumed operation.

One thing I noticed after the update to 5.50, there is a new menu option labeled "more" under the individual zone controls. This allows you to balance the stereophonic pair i.e. left or right. I don't think I had this option with revision 5.40.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Topeka , Kansas
Fusion Delay

Quote:
I found there is a delay with the audio if using the Fusion. I have an apple TV and I tried to send the audio through the Fusion but no joy getting around the delay. If you figure it out, please let me know. I want in on that one!
To fix the delay issue you need to uncheck to "Group Enabled" option under the settings for the input you are using. This option allows for the Party Bus feature of the Fusion but introduces delay when trying to sync to video.
jsmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:19 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Topeka , Kansas
Quote:
Not sure playing the TV through the Fusion like the older rigs is possible with the stock setup in my GT. I’m trying to source a replacement for the dumb TV soon; if I get something working I’ll let you know.
It's not possible without some additions. If your TV supports HDMR ARC (audio return channel), you can add a HDMI audio extractor (~$50 from amazon) and install near the BluRay player with hookup to the fusion. This way you don't need to run any new wiring or rely on a wireless solution.

I upgraded my TV to a smart TV that has one ARC capable port. Not sure if the stock TV has a ARC HDMI port.
jsmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
I'm not sure what equipment you have in your unit, but I was able to get this working in our 2022 23GT (Fusion stereo.)

I bought one of these TVs at Best Buy, $189.99 with a free $40 gift card, so bottom line was $149.99:

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Insig.../dp/B08X7L281N

I picked this out because it was a Smart TV, had 1080p resolution, a VESA mount, and was exactly the same size as the original 24" dumb LG TV that came with the coach. The fact the Insignia had a 100x100 VESA meant that it screwed directly into the Airstream plate with the original screws. The Insignia also has multiple HDMI connections (for the original Sony Blueray) as well as an Antenna input (for the original rooftop powered omni terrestrial TV antenna.)

After setting it up on the camp WiFi (we are at a park with a very strong WiFi connection this week), I attached it to our Amazon account. Then I set up the Bluetooth output directly to the Fusion stereo, and turned off the internal TV speakers. Pairing took a couple of tries; it seemed to work better once I moved the TV on the bracket so that it had a clear line of sight from the TV to the Fusion stereo.

I loaded the Netflix app and we started to check out a few movies. The sound output was a little out of sync to the TV video, so I manually inserted a 200 ms offset and that seemed about right. There may be a better way to do this automatically, but I've not found it yet (only got it today).

The TV sound through the Fusion stereo to the Airstream speakers is excellent. I did discover that the Fusion allows only a single BT connection at a time, meaning that my iPhone connection for the Fusion App is disconnected while the TV is using the BT speakers. But while that is true, the TV remote senses that condition and passes the volume up/down controls to the BT device. So we can turn the coach sound up and down using the FireTV remote.

For us this was a very worthwhile addition. I'm a bit puzzled why Airstream offers this unit with a dumb TV, but it's a fairly low-cost fix.
Old 04-18-2022, 04:18 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
I have a '22 Globetrotter that came with the factory Fusion marine radio. It's cool and the place sounds badass, however, it did not come with the Sirius XM connection. There is a Galaxy SXM hockey puck antenna on the roof and I've located the antenna cable in the wall next to the radio. So I bought the SXM SXV300 connect kit, simple connection. Still no XM.

I called three different dealers, no help. I called the the Airstream mothership tech hotline and their books say the radio needs the SXM connect kit. Still no joy.

Contacted SXM Radio directly, they opened a ticket and are supposed to be working the issue but I haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had this issue? Is the SXV300 out of date and I need to use the SXV300V1M? I have open sky and all the required power needed to obtain the satellite connection but no dice.

I hope everyone is safe and well. Please let me know what you think.

V/r
jlu
So the puck on the roof is the antenna? I thought it was just hiding the cables to connect an antenna! Am I understanding this correctly?
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
Thank you for that Smart TV Option

Quote:
I'm not sure what equipment you have in your unit, but I was able to get this working in our 2022 23GT (Fusion stereo.)

I bought one of these TVs at Best Buy, $189.99 with a free $40 gift card, so bottom line was $149.99:

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Insig.../dp/B08X7L281N

I picked this out because it was a Smart TV, had 1080p resolution, a VESA mount, and was exactly the same size as the original 24" dumb LG TV that came with the coach. The fact the Insignia had a 100x100 VESA meant that it screwed directly into the Airstream plate with the original screws. The Insignia also has multiple HDMI connections (for the original Sony Blueray) as well as an Antenna input (for the original rooftop powered omni terrestrial TV antenna.)

After setting it up on the camp WiFi (we are at a park with a very strong WiFi connection this week), I attached it to our Amazon account. Then I set up the Bluetooth output directly to the Fusion stereo, and turned off the internal TV speakers. Pairing took a couple of tries; it seemed to work better once I moved the TV on the bracket so that it had a clear line of sight from the TV to the Fusion stereo.

I loaded the Netflix app and we started to check out a few movies. The sound output was a little out of sync to the TV video, so I manually inserted a 200 ms offset and that seemed about right. There may be a better way to do this automatically, but I've not found it yet (only got it today).

The TV sound through the Fusion stereo to the Airstream speakers is excellent. I did discover that the Fusion allows only a single BT connection at a time, meaning that my iPhone connection for the Fusion App is disconnected while the TV is using the BT speakers. But while that is true, the TV remote senses that condition and passes the volume up/down controls to the BT device. So we can turn the coach sound up and down using the FireTV remote.

For us this was a very worthwhile addition. I'm a bit puzzled why Airstream offers this unit with a dumb TV, but it's a fairly low-cost fix.
Thank you so much for this Smart TV Option! I have two in my shopping cart. From what you described above, it seemed like an easy swap. Just curious, what did you do with the original two "dumb" monitors?
BogeyPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:25 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post
Thank you so much for this Smart TV Option! I have two in my shopping cart. From what you described above, it seemed like an easy swap. Just curious, what did you do with the original two "dumb" monitors?
One (I have a 23GT). I plan to put it on it's stand and use it as an external display for my laptop or Xbox via a short HDMI cable.