Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2021, 11:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2019 25' Flying Cloud
2021 30' Flying Cloud
Lady Lake , Florida
Satellite Cable

Picked up our new FC 30 today asked the tech to find the satellite cable that is usually laying under the DVD player in the cubby

He pulled it apart searched for -5 minutes said he could not locate it there or even behind the stereo.

Also said the TV no longer will play through the sound system TV speaker on WTH?

Anyone found that cable in a 2021?
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
Picked up our new FC 30 today asked the tech to find the satellite cable that is usually laying under the DVD player in the cubby

He pulled it apart searched for -5 minutes said he could not locate it there or even behind the stereo.

Also said the TV no longer will play through the sound system TV speaker on WTH?

Did you ever find the satellite cable. I am looking in a 2022 Globetrotter. Tore apart electronics cabinet. It is not there. I see the cable coming into the trailer and going into a wire bundle but cannot find the termination.

I did find a mystery cable in the audio cabinet that looks like a high frequency connector but clearly not an RG6 antenna/cable connection. No idea what it is for.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2022 23' Globetrotter
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchase View Post
Did you ever find the satellite cable. I am looking in a 2022 Globetrotter. Tore apart electronics cabinet. It is not there. I see the cable coming into the trailer and going into a wire bundle but cannot find the termination.

I did find a mystery cable in the audio cabinet that looks like a high frequency connector but clearly not an RG6 antenna/cable connection. No idea what it is for.

Hard to say for sure but that almost looks like an RP-SMA connector for an RF Antenna in the 2.4 GHz band, By chance is your AS fitted for a Wireless Access Point or some other type of WiFi repeater?
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2022 23' Globetrotter
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post

For what it’s worth I had to remove a few panels around the DVD player in my old 2017 FC30 before I found the cable. It’s most likely in there, there’s no where else it would be.

Pro tip: if you do find it, make sure the center conductor is not pushed into the center sheath. I spent a few very frustrating weeks with loss of signal to the R2D2 outside before I pulled it about 3mm out of the center with a pair of needle nose pliers.

On the audio, that must be a change as my old unit played the DVD audio through the 4 Clarion speakers, if I recall correctly. If you go to the TV, is there a pair of RCA plugs going to the TV? If so, look to see if they are attached to the input or output. Your TV may have an optical output, but no outputs for RCA jacks, so AS might have just stuck them on the TV inputs, but to what purpose I’m not sure.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Albuquerque , New Mexico
On my 2020 Classic I found the SAT cable behind the front TV. Had to fish a 2 foot length of coax up to the overhead cabinet where the Blue Ray is. From there was able to connect to the dish sat box. Also had to get creative to connect to power.
Shinytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
My 2022 FC bluray player didn't go thru the sound system either. I called AS and they said that's the way they come now. I replaced the radio with an fm radio that I could route the Bluray through and now I have surround sound again. RV/auto systems haven't upgraded to bluray yet.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:00 PM   #7
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I had to remove the DVD player and then the shelf it was mounted on in my 2020 Flying Cloud. This revealed a big hole in the wall. I stuck my arm in Theo hole and started slowly pulling the wires out that I could and one of them was the coax cable to hook up the Wally unit. I plan on having the dealer show me how to play the TV through the speakers when I picked it up next month. I will let you all know what I find out.
WBCCI: 26506
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
I had to remove the DVD player and then the shelf it was mounted on in my 2020 Flying Cloud. This revealed a big hole in the wall. I stuck my arm in Theo hole and started slowly pulling the wires out that I could and one of them was the coax cable to hook up the Wally unit. I plan on having the dealer show me how to play the TV through the speakers when I picked it up next month. I will let you all know what I find out.
I repurposed the small cabinet above the refrigerator and moved all electronic equipment to this area. All close to the TV making HDMI cable runs easier. Ran a new cable for the Wally out to the old battery box on the hitch.

This area is also the outflow for the cooling air off compressor refrigerator rather than exhausting cabin air through the roof. So all the electronics stay cool with the cabinet door closed.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
I’ve never quite figured out that fridge exhaust. I had problems with my 25’ GT cooling and ended up pulling the fridge out and replacing some of the boards and fan the mfg sent me. Have you closed that vent off to the outside? You may need to add another small fan to force the air up from the floor over the coils. That fridge is not a great performer in the Florida heat. Add high humidity and the inside coils ice up real fast which further degrades performance. You have the heat in Az but probably not the humidity

Quote:
I repurposed the small cabinet above the refrigerator and moved all electronic equipment to this area. All close to the TV making HDMI cable runs easier. Ran a new cable for the Wally out to the old battery box on the hitch.

This area is also the outflow for the cooling air off compressor refrigerator rather than exhausting cabin air through the roof. So all the electronics stay cool with the cabinet door closed.

jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:02 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
I’ve never quite figured out that fridge exhaust. I had problems with my 25’ GT cooling and ended up pulling the fridge out and replacing some of the boards and fan the mfg sent me. Have you closed that vent off to the outside? You may need to add another small fan to force the air up from the floor over the coils. That fridge is not a great performer in the Florida heat. Add high humidity and the inside coils ice up real fast which further degrades performance. You have the heat in Az but probably not the humidity
Yes, I closed off the outside vent. I scoped the coil area of the refrigerator and found my refrigerator has a small fan below the coils blowing up through the coils. There is plenty of room above the coils to add more fans if necessary. Frost on the inside coils in areas of high humidity really reduces refrigerator efficiency. I wonder if a timer on the 12 volt power turning off refrigerator in the middle of night for an hour or two might help control the frost.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:08 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Quote:
Yes, I closed off the outside vent. I scoped the coil area of the refrigerator and found my refrigerator has a small fan below the coils blowing up through the coils. There is plenty of room above the coils to add more fans if necessary. Frost on the inside coils in areas of high humidity really reduces refrigerator efficiency. I wonder if a timer on the 12 volt power turning off refrigerator in the middle of night for an hour or two might help control the frost.
Just bought a dehumidifier for next season. Don’t put “wet” food in the fridge. I keep a cooler full of ice for drinks outside.

Didn’t meant to hijack the satellite cable thread. I had to disassemble then AV shelf to get to the opening where the sat cable was supposed to be. Then had to stick my hand down in the rats nest to actually find the cable. It’s very easy to knock an HDMI cable out of the multiplexer so that could be a problem.

I’m done doing mods on this one since we ordered a 30 ft which I doubt we’ll see until the end of this year (if we’re lucky)
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote