Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Cape Coral , Florida
Samsung blinking red light

Help please. 2017 FC with two Samsung Series 4 tv’s. Worked fine on trip last fall. New trip starting yesterday and they wouldn’t turn on from remote. I could get it to turn on from the button on the back but no response from remote even after new batteries. Little red light stayed lit. Tonight after setting up camp the red light flashes quickly, no response from remotes, and after hitting the button on back to manually turn on I get the “Not Available” sign on the screen and can’t turn the tv off remotely or manually. Any ideas?
Coach B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Might be time for a new Samsung remote. Sounds similar to our Samsung. Got a new remote and it started working.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach B View Post
Help please. 2017 FC with two Samsung Series 4 tv’s. Worked fine on trip last fall. New trip starting yesterday and they wouldn’t turn on from remote. I could get it to turn on from the button on the back but no response from remote even after new batteries. Little red light stayed lit. Tonight after setting up camp the red light flashes quickly, no response from remotes, and after hitting the button on back to manually turn on I get the “Not Available” sign on the screen and can’t turn the tv off remotely or manually. Any ideas?
What happens to the TV if you unplug it, wait a moment or 4, plug it back in and turn it on? You SHOULD be able to control it manually with the built-in controls but it's not designed to be easy to do because everyone uses (and loses) remotes these days...

It sounds like they didn't boot up properly. All Samsung really says on the topic is that if the unplug/plug in doesn't correct it, it "may require service." Apocryphal internet comments on the topic point to HDMI issues and bad power supplies having caused this, but it sounds like the power supply is likely good since you get a screen with messages, etc. If the reboot doesn't correct it, trying unplugging the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and see if it'll behave on over-the-air content, etc.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:49 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Cape Coral , Florida
This unit has two tv’s, they both act the same. No response to either of the remotes. The blue ray will play on the front tv but I can’t get past the intro where you have to click play. Blue ray remote doesn’t work on the blue ray or control the on/off on the tv. Don’t get any signal from tv antenna.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:04 PM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach B View Post
This unit has two tv’s, they both act the same. No response to either of the remotes. The blue ray will play on the front tv but I can’t get past the intro where you have to click play. Blue ray remote doesn’t work on the blue ray or control the on/off on the tv. Don’t get any signal from tv antenna.
It's potentially interesting that the blu-ray remote doesn't work on the blu-ray player or the TV. If it were just the TV near the blu-ray and the blu-ray having this problem, I'd look for a source of bright IR light in that area, but I'm guessing the bedroom TV isn't in line-of-sight to the other 2 gadgets. I can't imagine what's affecting BOTH the TV remote and the blu-ray remote unless it's just enough infrared noise to block the signal.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:05 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Cape Coral , Florida
Thank you, David. When I do get this resolved I will post again.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Cape Coral , Florida
Found a solution

Ended up purchasing two new televisions and a blu-ray player. Hooked them up and all is fine. Must have been some unknown “shock” that took out the original TVs and player.