Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Stoughton , Wisconsin
RCA Cables???? HELP!!

I pulled the head unit in our 25 foot 2005 Safari in favor of one with bluetooth. Behind the radio are 3 sets of RCA cables, 2 each red and white and 1 with red ,white and yellow. Does anyone Know where I can find the other ends of these cables? I know there is a pre-wire for a sub woofer by the dining table, but I have no idea where the other two go.
1965 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965 mustang View Post
I pulled the head unit in our 25 foot 2005 Safari in favor of one with bluetooth. Behind the radio are 3 sets of RCA cables, 2 each red and white and 1 with red ,white and yellow. Does anyone Know where I can find the other ends of these cables? I know there is a pre-wire for a sub woofer by the dining table, but I have no idea where the other two go.
the red white and yellow is VERY old tech

red and white is the two audio channels, yellow is the VGA video link

i have not used those cable types in over 10 years, that was used before we had LCD and digital video !!
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #3
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Red/white are L/R audio
Yellow is composite video

Here is how my 2008 was setup....

One set of red/white/yellow goes to the television so you can output DVD audio and video to the screen (assuming your 2005 has a DVD player capability built in).

There is a second red/white pair that also goes to the television so you can receive audio from the tv and play over the stereo speakers.

There is a third red/white pair that go to the subwoofer.

Mine trailer had yet another pair of red/white audio input cables that ran to an aux input in the overhead bin (the idea was that you could hookup your Walkman and play a Cassette over the Streep

If you call airstream they will email you (PDF) the AV wiring diagrams for your particular trailer and you can trace all the wires....
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #4
The Rolling Stones

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Boerne , Texas
Cool Replacing tv in 2016 FC 27FB

I am trying to decide on a replacement for the tv in the lounge area of my AS. When I took the tv down I found a pair of RCA audio cables (one red, the other white) connected to a similar cable that exited from inside the tv (Samsung 27"). I assume the RCA cables are to allow the tv audio to be played through the speakers above the dinette. I am having trouble finding a new tv that still has the RCA type audio out connectors. Any suggestions?
the2stones73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #5
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2stones73;
I am trying to decide on a replacement for the tv in the lounge area of my AS. When I took the tv down I found a pair of RCA audio cables (one red, the other white) connected to a similar cable that exited from inside the tv (Samsung 27"). I assume the RCA cables are to allow the tv audio to be played through the speakers above the dinette. I am having trouble finding a new tv that still has the RCA type audio out connectors. Any suggestions?

Practically none have rca out. In recent years airstream would literally hard wired to the internal tv speakers to get an audio tap.

You are better off using a Bluetooth audio out unit that plugs into the headphone jack. Or Samsung TVs have built in Bluetooth out that you can pair with your stereo head unit.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote