Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #21
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I think the best approach is to decide on a TV and find out what wall mount it will take—there are different size bolts and different patterns for them. This is mostly standardized though the information can be hard to find. We bought a Samsung last winter for the house and it had a couple of different bolt patterns. Then we bought a wall mount on the internet. One of the two came with the right sized bolts. Bolts are easy to buy at a hardware store. A call to the TV manufacturer may help and they may be able to recommend some wall mounts.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
VESA standard and mounts

Greetings

Although this thread is older, I will reply on what I have learned about TV wall mounting. I am still looking up info on the structural integrity of the AS walls. My unit came with a 19" 2010 HD unit that apparently was replaced by the original owner. I see holes where it looks like there was a mount in the bedroom and a hook still there. I just purchased a 24" Insignia LED 1080p that runs on 33 watts for $177. The best part about it was that CU rates it as the #1 on smaller TVs!

Mounting: VESA standard mountings usually have three sizes of square mounting configurations on electronics. For example, the 24" TV I bought uses the VESA 100x100 size. Most VESA mounts allow for more than one VESA size pattern. It is listed on the boxes along with the specs. of both mount and electronic device. The 19" weighs 7 lbs. The 24" weighs 10 lbs.

Airstream walls: The TVs weigh 7 and 10 lbs so they are not heavy items; however, it is important to consider travel stress. My thought is to provide a plate for mounting on the other side of the wall or remove the TVs when traveling. How can they be quickly mounted and unmounted? Is it enough to do what Airstream does, mount the TV and velcro it in place for travel? Has anyone ever torn their wall out with 7-10 lb TVs? Those of you with AS mounted TVs, is there any kind of bracing inside the cabinets they are mounted to or is it just screwed to the wall?
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Ours is bolted to the partition with the fridge on the other side. It locks down for travel. It is a bit tricky to unlock, but it can be done with some effort and fingers that bend backwards. I am unaware of any extra plate to spread the stress.

We are thinking of putting a small one in the bedroom. The only place to mount a bracket is on the partition with the shower on the other side. I don't want to drill into the shower. Has anyone done this installation?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote