Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
mount joy , Pennsylvania
Mounting my 19" TV and dish receiver

Has anyone else made a mount like this? I have mounted my TV and receiver between the upper and lower cabinet in my 30' classic trailer. I am wondering if this will pull the cabinets loose while traveling, from vibration or flexing of the trailer, or any other problem that may arise. Eventually I plan on putting the wiring inside the square tubing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount 006.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	101662   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount 007.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	101663  

krlajwvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by krlajwvater View Post
Has anyone else made a mount like this? I have mounted my TV and receiver between the upper and lower cabinet in my 30' classic trailer. I am wondering if this will pull the cabinets loose while traveling, from vibration or flexing of the trailer, or any other problem that may arise. Eventually I plan on putting the wiring inside the square tubing.

This is a good plan. I also saw, somewhere, the same theory and similar design made out of wood matching the interior of the trailer. If I ever mount mine, I will use this setup.

For now I just set my TV on the credenza and stick it behind the couch for travel (wrapped up of course).

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
It really looks like a nice piece of work!

Now that you've used it for a while, any comments?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
mount joy , Pennsylvania
We are really happy with the results of this setup. I have put the wiring through the middle of the tubing, as not to be seen. The TV stays put while traveling and I put a piece of velcro around the receiver, to hold it on the shelf while traveling, we now have room on the cadenza top for other things. I really don't know what other changes I could have made, to make it work better.
krlajwvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Thousand Trails Founder

2000 30' Excella
Bend , Oregon
Send a message via MSN to Damianmgk Send a message via Skype™ to Damianmgk
Still hoping to find out a source for this type of TV Mount - the post I cannot find, arms are everywhere
Damianmgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Plant City , Florida
That arm is made by peerless mounts. We just installed 1000 of these at my work. The post could be made by any competent welder. If you made it from 304 stainless it could be brushed to look like the exterior of a newer trailer.
ck21084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
TV mounting problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlajwvater View Post
This is a really good looking set up, maybe you should patent it before someone else does. I would say you could make some money off them easily. The shelf area I have like that sets next to the stove top, this is also where the TV connections are, so if I mount it anywhere near there and then use the stove there is heat issues. I think I am going to have to find someone who does wood working and can make something that will hold DVR/CD player and the TV folds up inside the cabinet and it mounts to the wall.
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote