Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #61
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
TV Mount

I just purchased a 15'' sharp w/edtv.It turned out to be really good.I just mounted it but when I was reviewing this a couple of days ago I noticed you can order the base plate and velcro for the mount I have.Tomorrow I am doing this and calling Airstream to get one of these before the christmas mailing gets to crazy.Hopefully this will get here in about a week from tomorrow.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Good move on the base plate w/velcro straps. Ours works great and is solid as a rock.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #63
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Tv

I am glad I have done what I have been doing to this Airstream.Now I dont have to worry about putting things in the vehicle anymore.I am pretty happy with things now.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Devo, where will you end up mounting yours?
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #65
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Mounting

I am mounting it on the spice rack.I checked several areas in the Airstream but decided to put it where it normally is located in other Bambi's.It seems to be the best spot for it to be.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Johnson City , Texas
How to Mount on Inside-Exterior Wall

I see that you mounted it on an interior wall, not an outer wall. Our best spot is an Inside-exterior wall. I just wonder how people do that and have the support needed to handle the TV weight.

73/gus
ProPride 3P/Prodigy P3
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #67
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Rack

I have cut some wood and also reinforce my spice rack so it will not move at all.I dont use it for anything except for my small items so it is not really very important to use.I know it can handle the weight but in time I would think that would get weak to the point of it breaking from all the bouncing of the trailer when towing it.I am not worried though.I added extra support in mine.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #68
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Help

I need some help here.I just called the dealership I got my Airstream from and tried to order the parts but they would not order it unless I had a fax machine to prove my credit card was mine.so I can not get anything from them.also I called another dealer and they told me they are allowed to sell but not the parts and sent me to a company in California.They said they could help me but was kind enough to tell me that it would be cheaper to go through a dealer that can actually get the parts.
Who here knows a good dealer that can order the parts I want with no hassle and will send it as soon as they can before christmas hits or is there anyone on this forum who works for a dealership that can help me out also.Thanks

Old 12-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #69
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
ordered

I finally found a dealer that would work with me.Also they are sending it directly to my home instead of it going to the dealership then me.I have never had this kind of problem ordering from a dealership like these last few.Really strange how things work sometimes.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gklott
I see that you mounted it on an interior wall, not an outer wall. Our best spot is an Inside-exterior wall. I just wonder how people do that and have the support needed to handle the TV weight.

73/gus
We took our trailer to the factory last summer and they installed the bracket on the wall for us right above the credenza. Since we have the same model as you do, that would probably be where you'd put one as well.

I wish I had watched then install it, but I didn't, and the trailer is now "tucked in its bed for the winter" so I can't even take a picture to show how it looks.

However, Airstream used a narrow wooded box about 10"W x 14"H to attach against the wall. It is hollow inside, with a small round hole in the middle, and the bottom is open. The box is slightly thiner at the top than at the bottom, so that when it is affixed to the wall the face is horizontal, since the wall is slightly curved. Then they mounted their customized Omni cantilever wall mounting bracket directly on top of the wooden box. Their Omni mount also has a circular hole in the middle of so that you can run the wires from the TV through both the Omni mount and the wooden box, and they are partially hidden that way. With a satellite dish and receiver, there are plenty of wires to contend with.

I assume the wooden box is screwed into the wall,(but that's the part I didn't see them install and they are not visable now) and the Omni mounting plate is screwed into it. The box gives a wider mounting surface, and I assume is stronger structurally than a just the mounting plate alone, it also enables the TV to be mounted perfectly horizontally on a curved surface, and helps to hide the wires.

John
Old 12-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #71
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
TV Mount

I finally finished the mount when it came in a couple hours ago.Thanks Barkingspider for the pics.those helped alot.I pretty much did a copy of what you had and it works very well.I had to mount it on the spice rack because that is about the best place to put it if you have a 19' bambi safari.I really dont use the spice rack anyways except to put small items and such in there.It is definantly a plus to have a TV when you have a little one.I am thinking about selling the sony deck that is in the Airstream.What does everyone think I can get for something like this.I want to replace it with the JVC DVD player instead.You can hook up quite a few things to it also.Any idea of what kinda price I can get for it.Thanks

Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Where at??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Good move on the base plate w/velcro straps. Ours works great and is solid as a rock.
Any suggestions about where to get the straps and velcro.

Mitch
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #73
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Parts

I called airstream for the part #'s and then called a dealer to order it for me.It only took about four days to get it.Now that christmas is really close though it may take a bit longer.Then again I could be wrong.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #74
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Good Source for Buckles and Straps

I purchased two 1 inch side buckles and 10 ft of 1 inch wide webbing material for a grand total of $8.54, which includes shipping from the following site.

http://www.myebestbuy.com/

Our final mounting solution was to purchase a 20" Sharp Aquos LCD on the normal wall mount bracket. It allows a 30 degree movement up and down as well as side to side. To mount the bracket, I placed it on the wall of the refrigerator.

On the '75 Excella, I wanted to ensure that there was enough material behind the vinyl surface material and removed the right section against the fridge. What I found was a 3/4" thick piece of plywood secured to the side of the fridge, underneath the vinyl surface. This was used to secure the 'old' shelf style of TV stand.

To spread the weight of this set, I mounted the wall bracket onto a 8 X 11" piece of 3/16" aluminum that I paid $10 for. Now, instead of having 2 screws holding the bracket to the wall, we have 12. Man...it's sturdy as a rock!

With these straps and buckles, I have the piece of mind that the Aquos won't move, no matter how rough the road is. Pictures to follow!!

Mitch
Old 01-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #75
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Photo of TV

Here's a photo of the Aquos 20" TV, mounted where the old platform used to be. I used a 8 X 10" piece of 3/16" aluminum as the backing plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	17513  
Old 08-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

Latch for LCD mount

Some time ago I saw a post with a picture of the Airstream LCD mount bracket with a latch instead of the Velcro strap. I have the Airstream mount plate, the Omni mount and a Bisco E2-50-101-10 latch kit. Now I need the picture of the install to assist me in completing the job. Can anyone remember where that post was?
dienst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #77

2006 16' Safari
Vancouver , Washington
Does anyone have the dimensions on the part #111125. I need to know the length of the arm because I plan on using it to watch tv in my bed and dining tableof my bambi quiksilver trailer.
dmats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #78
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Our Airstream didn't come with the A/V package so for Father's Day the family gve me a 20" LCD TV and the Omni Mount arm. Omni Mount does not recommend their arm for rv mounting and won't warrant it for that kind of installation so they don't sell the back plate and straps. Only Airstream manufactures the one that comes with their installations.

I purchased the back plate while in JC a few weeks ago and installed it myself. I replaced the yellow caps on the 1/4" threaded rods with well nuts to give better cushion to the back of the TV. The only thing is that I haven't tried to feed the audio through the Airstreams existing speakers. This would be very nice to do since the audio gets drowned out every time the A/C unit comes on. When it does it is impossible to hear the TV without cranking up the volume to a defening level when it cuts off. Anyone been successful in routing the sound through the speakers in the ceiling? Is this something a stereo shop can handle or would they even have a clue?
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
cheap surround sound

I used a cigarette lighter-style FM transmitter that uses the output from the TV earphone plug. I've seen various styles at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. for about $30. (my daughter uses one in the car to listen to her iPod through the car stereo)

Simple to use, just plug it into the 12v, attach the cable to TV and tune the coach's stereo to an available channel. I get sound right over my head when sitting on the couch and even get remote control of the volume as a bonus. Works even nicer when I'm laying in bed and too lazy to move the TV to the rear bedroom position.

On my trailer, I've mounted the LCD from beneath the locker just forward of the dinette which puts it right near the 12v source and the TV centrally mounted.
B25guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
MM,
Does your headunit have an integrated DVD/CD player or is it just CD? Does the headunit have an open AUX port not being used? There are a couple of ways to hook it up to the stereo. Our LCD is hooked up to the stereo so when you watch a DVD like... Jimmy Buffett...the speakers and the subwoofer thumping...for full concert effect. Now with that said when the on-air antenna is used and you're watching TV it is not coming out of the overhead speakers just the TV I need to rewire the set-up.. but we hardly watch TV just play movies or live music DVDs...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote