Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2024, 07:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Long Island , New York
Intermittent Driver Side Rear Speaker

Was watching a movie on my Ď24 Trade Wind with the TV routing audio to the JLAudio System over Bluetooth and I noticed that sound cuts in and out from the rear driver side speaker - think itís a loose connector on the speaker itself getting vibrated off and on?
WBCCI #28504
Silver Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:41 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Tualatin , Oregon
We didn't notice it during the delivery inspection but when we took delivery of our trailer one of the rear speakers wasn't working. The dealer couldn't schedule us for service for 3 months and told us to expect it to be in the shop for a while. Nuts to that.

I dropped the speaker to check the connection - seemed good. Then went over to pull the radio (JL MediaMaster 50) to check connections at that end. What a wiring mess! But with quiet study found a poorly stripped wire in one of the Wago connectors. Problem solved.

For what it's worth we never use the radio. We found the subwoofer pulled 1 amp of power - radio on or off. The antenna is just loose inside the shell behind the rear overhead cabinet resulting in very poor FM and zero AM reception.

We use a portabe bluetooth speaker tied to our phones or TV for audio.

Steve
TitusNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 11:17 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Rats Nest Wiring

I had a similar experience as TitusNW. Our intermittent speaker was right below the Radio/Stereo faceplate. I removed the speaker and found an incredible rats nest of wiring.

Before buying a new speaker, I re-connected several suspect connections just as a guess, and it fixed it.

The wiring is so bad, I hope the stereo never quits working, as I don't think I would ever be able to figure it out :-(
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 06:47 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Long Island , New York
If the wiring is as bad as the rats nest connecting all my Victron gear then I completely understand. As a lifelong IT professional, I am pretty anal about cable management. I don’t look forward to having to deal with what the gang at Airstream cobbled together.
WBCCI #28504
Old 05-28-2024, 07:15 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shell View Post
If the wiring is as bad as the rats nest connecting all my Victron gear then I completely understand. As a lifelong IT professional, I am pretty anal about cable management. I donít look forward to having to deal with what the gang at Airstream cobbled together.
I am an amateur wiring guy, I must have two thousand wire ties on hand. And every tool to go with them. Yes, it is that bad, sorry.......Best of luck.....
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:18 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Long Island , New York
Took the speaker down and inspected the connectors - one of them was loose so I just crimped it tight and put it back in place. So far so good. Glad I didn't have to tackle it from the head unit side and deal with the rats nest.
WBCCI #28504