Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 05:43 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The mouse fur, headliner, and pleated curtains in my older Classic help, I'm sure.
I have considered purchasing a USB turntable, but nothing will be as good.
It is amazing that the old technology actually sounds better.
It is what it is.
I am not yet willing to part with my LP collection which represents 40+ years of my life.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
I didn't manage to swap the Infinity speakers out of my 2015 28 FC before I traded in it, though I did change out the Bazooka sub, so someone is getting a nice sounding system if they buy my used trailer. Not to mention the upgraded converter...

On my 2017 Intl 27FB, I'm determined to do another swap on the speakers and possibly the head unit, as the Clarion setup that comes on the International is lacking. Not sure I will go the Infinity route as the Polk speakers here seem to get raves and they are half the cost of the Infinity setup.

Also not sure about the Clarion head unit - looks like I might have to consider a Double DIN unit to get a proper sounding and easy to use system? Don't need CD or DVD but do need USB and BT and rear aux audio out for the TV.

Keep the suggestions coming in...
Old 07-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
I installed the Polks just now - super simple install!! Holes lined up perfectly and the speaker wires needed no crimping, just unplug old and plug new ones. Took more time to get my tools out and inboxed then to install.

It's too early to compare to my prior Infinity Kappa install but clearly noticed the improvement over the stock clarion speakers. The rather muffled midrange and high end opened up nicely. I think the infinity was a bit more detailed on the highs but the Polks have a warmer sound. Let's see how they break in.

Only gripe is the plastic grills are a bit flimsy; you have to be careful screwing in so you don't crack the base.

Polks were exactly half the price of the Infinity - $60 a pair and change. A good deal.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #64
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Me View Post
I installed the Polks just now - super simple install!! Holes lined up perfectly and the speaker wires needed no crimping, just unplug old and plug new ones. Took more time to get my tools out and inboxed then to install.

It's too early to compare to my prior Infinity Kappa install but clearly noticed the improvement over the stock clarion speakers. The rather muffled midrange and high end opened up nicely. I think the infinity was a bit more detailed on the highs but the Polks have a warmer sound. Let's see how they break in.

Only gripe is the plastic grills are a bit flimsy; you have to be careful screwing in so you don't crack the base.

Polks were exactly half the price of the Infinity - $60 a pair and change. A good deal.

Can you remind us (me) again of which model speaker? Got a link? THX!
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
The model was the DB651. Link below. It has been replaced by the DB652 but there is still stock available of the 651 and it is priced lower.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000P...DSL&ref=plSrch
Old 07-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrms View Post
I have the opposite problem. On almost every trip, one of my speaker grills falls off, not competently, it will hang by a thread. I just keep pushing it up in it;s place and start all over again in the next trip. Being the rear bedroom speaker, I'm guessing the back of the trailer does a lot of jumping up and down because we can't keep clothes hangers on the closets, either.
Most grills just press fit.
So, in your case, I'd put a small piece of tape on the frame until I got a tight fit.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote