Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
How to connect Fire-Stick to play on both TV's

I have a 2019 International Sig 28RBQ and was wondering if there is a way to connect a Fire-Stick so that it works on both TV's instead of buying two sticks? Thanks in advance.
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
kpm
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
I replaced my OEM HDMI splitter with this 4x2 HDMI switch. With a device like this you can route any HDMI source to either TV.
kpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:40 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
How

Thanks...but for the non-tech people such as myself, how do you install and use this...thanks.
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:00 AM   #4
kpm
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
Your HDMI splitter is a small box that lives inside your Airstream's DVD enclosure. That enclosure is attached on the side by two small screws. Remove them and the whole box will come loose.

By default, the HDMI splitter takes the DVD output and sends it to both TVs. If you replace the HDMI splitter with a HDMI switch, you have the option to add more HDMI devices and to route those devices to whichever TV you want. If you do it this way, the Firestick would live in the cabinet above your DVD player and you would select the HDMI switch to send the output to one or both TVs.

If this sounds too technical, any audio tech could do the job in under an hour.

Or you could just get another Firestick
Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
connelly springs , North Carolina
I don't have a fire stick. I have Roku.....the cheaper Rokus don't have an HDMI socket. The top of the line Roku's do. It is my understanding that Streaming is accomplished with both Roku and firestick from a wifi connection. If you don't have wifi of at least 5mps your streaming device will not work correctly. How are you getting your wifi signal?
rustyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
WIFI hot spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyoldman View Post
I don't have a fire stick. I have Roku.....the cheaper Rokus don't have an HDMI socket. The top of the line Roku's do. It is my understanding that Streaming is accomplished with both Roku and firestick from a wifi connection. If you don't have wifi of at least 5mps your streaming device will not work correctly. How are you getting your wifi signal?

I have an apple TV and I use a WIFI hot spot from ATT (verizon & others have them) the catch is you'll need a Data plan that will support the amount of TV you are watching. I know from my personal experience this past march I used it to watch TV/youtube a couple hours a day and chewed through 30+GB's
Rick & Becky #28279
2018 FC27FBQ
2021 RAM 2500 Hemi 6.4
KD3OBX 146.520
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
kpm
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyoldman View Post
We use the hotspot from our phones. We’re on the Verizon 55+ unlimited data plan. Two phones for $80 per month.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #8
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkreis View Post
Thanks...but for the non-tech people such as myself, how do you install and use this...thanks.
Greetings! Because of this response, buy two FireSticks. It is more cost effective and MUCH easier for you.

K.I.S.S.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Petersburg , Florida
Unlimited Data Plan

Beware of “unlimited plans”.... they have a very dirty secret!

While yes, the data usage is unlimited, your download speed is throttled downward as you hit data thresholds. Works fine early in the month but when you hit about 5Gb, it starts to crawl and becomes too slow to run video. You will still get slowed e-mail, but during periods of throttled speed, don’t expect your Firestick or Roku to perform workout long periods of scrubbing delay.

Good luck and be well

PirateChris 🏴*☠️

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm View Post
We use the hotspot from our phones. We’re on the Verizon 55+ unlimited data plan. Two phones for $80 per month.
PirateChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
An HDMI switch is simply a box that allows multiple inputs and outputs. You tell it, either via a front panel button or remote control, which input should be attached to which output. We had one in our house and despite many discussions, multiple labels, etc. my wife could never remember how to work it and which inputs/outputs went where.

By the time you include the additional cables, etc. you may well find it's cheaper to simply buy a second Firestick than to install a switch. For that matter, in the amount of time it would take you to operate a switch you could probably just move the Firestick to the other TV for the evening.

2018 Flying Cloud 19
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Diesel
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:40 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
HDMI splitter box install with dish and apple TV

I thought I'd share my set up and big Thank You to all that gave me the ideas on how to customize my video cabinet to my needs. Someone recommended a 2X4 HDMI splitter which I went with and mounted atop my DVD. A little wood fab needed. Also cleaned up the wiring nightmare from AS and mounted my apple TV (or roku, firestick, etc....) and then my Satellite box, a wally. Now each TV can be on separate HDMI inputs if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS video.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	348199  
Rick & Becky #28279
2018 FC27FBQ
2021 RAM 2500 Hemi 6.4
KD3OBX 146.520
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote