Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
HDMI Splitter Cable

Hi,
Would anyone know how to access the area behind the
radio face plate in the upper cabinet where all the cables
are for the HDMI cords. I need to check to see if the
HDMI splitter is hooked up to the Bedroom TV and I am
hoping someone can give me a idea how to get into the
compartment where all the cable connections are.
Thank you for your help.
GerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Been there. Done that. I have a thread on here somewhere talking about it but I'm on my phone so searching isn't that easy.

And I didn't look at what trailer you have before I started typing and on the phone I can't glance back so I'm assuming it's similar to my trailer.

But to summarize it you need to access it from the side. I pulled the head unit out so I could shine a flashlight back in there to see. But you can pull the upper panel above the DVD player. You have to unscrew it and unscrew the plug so you can release the panel.

It's quite difficult to find everything because you can't see so you're working on touch.

I really recommend you pulling the HDMI splitter out of that compartment and move it to under the DVD player. The HDMI cables are very stiff so they will continually pull out while bouncing around. Go and secure the splitter under the DVD player. Plus HDMI splitters are none to go bad so expect to have to replace it eventually. So moving it will make it easier to replace.

Enjoy!