Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

2005 25' International CCD
Portland , Maine
Bluetooth TV/Stereo

I'm looking to swap out the stereo in my trailer. Is there a way to wireless connect from the stereo to the TV. I've seen many bluetooth car stereos, but can they connect to some TVs. I'd rather not run wire if I can help it.
Thanks.
Tantour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Raleigh , North Carolina
I have many Bluetooth devices in my house and recently upgraded my AS radio to a Bluetooth version. As long as one device can pair with the other, then it will work. I have yet to buy a "smart" TV, so I am unsure on wether they will be able to pair with one another. My Bluetooth radio syncs well with my Iphone to play all the music I need. As long as your TV can search for Bluetooth and find your radio, it will work.
BoCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I don't know offhand of any TVs that are natively Bluetooth-equipped, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. If you already have the TV it's not likely to have native Bluetooth, but there are A2DP adapters that take a 3.5mm audio plug and send the audio via Bluetooth to whatever device is paired to them.

Search your favorite online gadget source for "bluetooth audio transmitter". A bunch of them come up on Amazon and eBay, for example.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
I tried two different bluetooth audio transmitters but was unable to get them to pair with a new JVC car stereo. Our phones do pair. If I had gotten it to pair, there may have been an issue with the sound not being in sync with the TV picture. So eventually I plan to run a new digital audio wire, but to do that I will have to drill out a whole bunch of rivets in the ceiling. For now we have a bluetooth speaker that plugs into the mini jack on the TV. (We did this because the TV speakers don't put out a loud enough sound to hear it over the AC).
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote