Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Binning the Clarion M502

Well, I finally had it with the annoying Clarion!

The whole audio set up in my 2015 unit was below par. I did a few small upgrades.

1. Pretty much on purchase replaced the hissing sub with a Bazooka 8" marine sub. Much cleaner sound. $150

2. Upgraded the speakers over the dinette with Infinity Reference speakers. They were $50 for the pair and sound so much better.

3. Today I install the Furrion DV3100 system. It looks really nice (see pics below) and is very, very easy to use. I have lost the iPod control but I never used that. It still has bluetooth, simple controls, decent sound and a CD player to keep the wife happy! I really like how easy it is to turn the zones on and off... For $150 it was a great buy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	235304  
Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I've been thinking about switching out my Sony head with the Furrion in my Classic 25fb. I'll probably remove the Sony 10 disc player too since it takes up too much space and I have my music on my phone anyway.

I guess you have to cut out the opening to make the Furrion fit.

How far does the tuning knob stick out from the cabinet face. My radio is mounted on a panel inside the cabinet and the cabinet door must close over the radio.

Where did you purchase these items?

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
The Furion is a single DIN unit so you do not need to cut out the hole. The bottom half is just an extension of the face plate and sits flush to the wood cabinet.

Very easy install.

I got mine from rvboatparts.com good price and arrived quick.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Speakers and subwoofer were from Amazon.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
So you can you output over the dinette and bedroom speaks together and separately from the DV3100?

Kelvin
Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
So you can you output over the dinette and bedroom speaks together and separately from the DV3100?

Kelvin
Yes you can. The second row of buttons from the bottom on the left hand side there are 2 buttons marked zone "A" and "B" that allow you to turn the respective zones on and off. They show in the display as numbers "1" is the dinette and "2" is the bedroom. The mix up of numbers/letters is something I just noticed when writing this!

The zone function is super handy for when the wife is asleep and I am up early working with the radio/TV/podcasts playing.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I downloaded the manual. I see in the wiring section an IR remote connection. Does it come with the IR remote sensor/cable?

Thanks

Kelvin
Old 04-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Kelvin, no it does not. There is a pigtail put the back of the unit that seems to be a pretty standard IR blaster jack. I do not anyway of testing though...
Old 04-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I'll need to get one of those sensors then since the unit would be behind the cabinet door. I have to keep it open to use the remote on the Sony system so I'm kind use to it but it would be nice to have an IR remote sensor. Thank you.

Kelvin
Old 04-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I think I have one, when I get home next week I will look and try to test. I will report back.