Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #1
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
Bedroom no signal

Front TV in 2020 28' FC works fine, cheap LG. Back TV in bedroom shows "No Signal" message.

The controllers on these LGs do not give one or at least this one the ability to menu and search as the Samsungs we had in the past OR our small LG does at home.

Any suggestions. It give same message on cable or on antenna. I have not tried DVD, may do that later.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
mpsgolf's Avatar
 
2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 523
When I bought my 2015 the HDMI splitter in the front cabinet was miswired. I had no signal to rear tv. I wired correctly and it worked fine. You might first try “source” on the tv menu.
__________________

__________________
2015 28' International
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
When I bought my 2015 the HDMI splitter in the front cabinet was miswired. I had no signal to rear tv. I wired correctly and it worked fine. You might first try “source” on the tv menu.


Thanks, tried source but will check HDMI
__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
stevejones's Avatar
 
2019 27' Globetrotter
Martinsburg , West Virginia
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 339
If you're testing cable or antenna, then the HDMI splitter is not involved. For cable, make sure the booster amp is off. For antenna, make sure it is on. Check the connections of the RF cable at the wall and on the back of the TV. For source, you should select TV or Antenna (depending on what your TV calls it), not HDMI.

Try a DVD. Now you are using the HDMI splitter. Be sure and select the HDMI source on the TV that the HDMI wire is plugged into. If your TV works with the DVD but not with cable or antenna, then there is probably an issue with the RF wiring and the splitter used for that.

Steve
__________________
Steve Jones
2019 Globetrotter 27 FB
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 4WD LT
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
If you're testing cable or antenna, then the HDMI splitter is not involved. For cable, make sure the booster amp is off. For antenna, make sure it is on. Check the connections of the RF cable at the wall and on the back of the TV. For source, you should select TV or Antenna (depending on what your TV calls it), not HDMI.

Try a DVD. Now you are using the HDMI splitter. Be sure and select the HDMI source on the TV that the HDMI wire is plugged into. If your TV works with the DVD but not with cable or antenna, then there is probably an issue with the RF wiring and the splitter used for that.

Steve


Thanks, did it all, no joy. Worked at dealer as their TV station is saved. Our 5th AS first time for this one
__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Al and Missy's Avatar

 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,000
Bud,

If it is a digital TV, there has to be a menu selection to scan for channels or it would have to do it each time it is powered up. I have never seen one that does that. Dig around in the menu structure or find a manual for the TV online.

Maybe you have a mismatched remote? Try using the controls on the TV itself.
__________________
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"
Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO WBCCI 1322
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,772
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Any suggestions. It give same message on cable or on antenna. I have not tried DVD, may do that later.
Yes.
Basic troubleshooting. You probably have a 25' piece of coax with "f" connectors already installed. Need a barrel to connect two cables perhaps. Unplug the cable from your front TV and run the new section down the hall and plug it into your rear TV. Now that TV is getting what worked in front.
See if the TV works. Add channels and all the menu functions. Then reconnect to original cable. any joy? If not, then you have something wrong in the cable to the bedroom.

Pull out the antenna switch and check that all the cables are attached. I think the one to the rear goes through here.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
Al and Missy's Avatar

 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,000
I may be wrong, but as I understand it, Bud's problem is he can't figure out how to get the TV to scan. Until he can find the scan menus, no changes to the wiring are going to help.

Quoting: "The controllers on these LGs do not give one or at least this one the ability to menu and search...."
__________________
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"
Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO WBCCI 1322
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
So, here is the basis of the problems. The factory never wired the outside connections. I unscrewed the gray box holding cable and satellite connections. The back or inside the coach connections still had black caps on them just like the manufacturer ships them to AS, I called the manufacturer and asked. Then I pulled the dvd box where the satellite coax coming from outside is usually hidden, no wire. So contacted selling dealer and we will decide dealer of JC in short order. Thanks for all the input, but not fixable at least for me as ritually the front and road side interiors have to be removed. Not happy at this point, but we will see what happens before venting further
__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:22 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
So, here is the basis of the problems. The factory never wired the outside connections. I unscrewed the gray box holding cable and satellite connections. The back or inside the coach connections still had black caps on them just like the manufacturer ships them to AS, I called the manufacturer and asked. Then I pulled the dvd box where the satellite coax coming from outside is usually hidden, no wire. So contacted selling dealer and we will decide dealer of JC in short order. Thanks for all the input, but not fixable at least for me as ritually the front and road side interiors have to be removed. Not happy at this point, but we will see what happens before venting further


And another issue- No radio antenna. Not there and obviously not hooked up. This was intentional, no one can screw in the exterior coax connection box with plastic caps on the inside connections by mistake. Then the supposed quality person and supposed quality checks were not done, simply not possible and very disappointing. Having run a factory I am well aware mistakes can happen and products fail, but purposely not hooking up items and such is intentional. Sad, but our selling dealer has said they will make it right. When this happens and we are satisfied I will list them.
__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #11
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar
 
2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,904
Images: 1
Resolved

I took the trailer to our selling dealer and they worked on it and found:

Cables bad to back TV
Splitter bad and not hooked up properly

They but in new coax to the back TV.
Put in a new splitter
Put in new coax to the living room TV, just in case.
Put in new coax from the junction box

Dealer in our opinion jumped right on this and found the issue and creativly resolved it.

Ansley RV in Duncansville, PA - near Altoona.

Bud
__________________

__________________
Bud

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forward Bedroom or Aft Bedroom kswelsh Community Polls 47 07-30-2020 05:30 PM
Rear bedroom vs Front Bedroom Zybane Our Community 45 07-19-2019 03:50 PM
Front Bedroom vs Back Bedroom. DaytonaDan Airstream Lifestyle 40 01-08-2019 02:15 PM
Different signal on front TV and bedroom TV bugman3 Audio, Video & TV 25 09-22-2014 09:58 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.