Old 07-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Bedroom no signal

Front TV in 2020 28' FC works fine, cheap LG. Back TV in bedroom shows "No Signal" message.

The controllers on these LGs do not give one or at least this one the ability to menu and search as the Samsungs we had in the past OR our small LG does at home.

Any suggestions. It give same message on cable or on antenna. I have not tried DVD, may do that later.

Thanks

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
When I bought my 2015 the HDMI splitter in the front cabinet was miswired. I had no signal to rear tv. I wired correctly and it worked fine. You might first try “source” on the tv menu.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
When I bought my 2015 the HDMI splitter in the front cabinet was miswired. I had no signal to rear tv. I wired correctly and it worked fine. You might first try “source” on the tv menu.

Thanks, tried source but will check HDMI

Old 07-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Martinsburg , West Virginia
If you're testing cable or antenna, then the HDMI splitter is not involved. For cable, make sure the booster amp is off. For antenna, make sure it is on. Check the connections of the RF cable at the wall and on the back of the TV. For source, you should select TV or Antenna (depending on what your TV calls it), not HDMI.

Try a DVD. Now you are using the HDMI splitter. Be sure and select the HDMI source on the TV that the HDMI wire is plugged into. If your TV works with the DVD but not with cable or antenna, then there is probably an issue with the RF wiring and the splitter used for that.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
If you're testing cable or antenna, then the HDMI splitter is not involved. For cable, make sure the booster amp is off. For antenna, make sure it is on. Check the connections of the RF cable at the wall and on the back of the TV. For source, you should select TV or Antenna (depending on what your TV calls it), not HDMI.

Try a DVD. Now you are using the HDMI splitter. Be sure and select the HDMI source on the TV that the HDMI wire is plugged into. If your TV works with the DVD but not with cable or antenna, then there is probably an issue with the RF wiring and the splitter used for that.

Steve

Thanks, did it all, no joy. Worked at dealer as their TV station is saved. Our 5th AS first time for this one

Old 07-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Bud,

If it is a digital TV, there has to be a menu selection to scan for channels or it would have to do it each time it is powered up. I have never seen one that does that. Dig around in the menu structure or find a manual for the TV online.

Maybe you have a mismatched remote? Try using the controls on the TV itself.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Any suggestions. It give same message on cable or on antenna. I have not tried DVD, may do that later.
Yes.
Basic troubleshooting. You probably have a 25' piece of coax with "f" connectors already installed. Need a barrel to connect two cables perhaps. Unplug the cable from your front TV and run the new section down the hall and plug it into your rear TV. Now that TV is getting what worked in front.
See if the TV works. Add channels and all the menu functions. Then reconnect to original cable. any joy? If not, then you have something wrong in the cable to the bedroom.

Pull out the antenna switch and check that all the cables are attached. I think the one to the rear goes through here.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
I may be wrong, but as I understand it, Bud's problem is he can't figure out how to get the TV to scan. Until he can find the scan menus, no changes to the wiring are going to help.

Quoting: "The controllers on these LGs do not give one or at least this one the ability to menu and search...."
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
So, here is the basis of the problems. The factory never wired the outside connections. I unscrewed the gray box holding cable and satellite connections. The back or inside the coach connections still had black caps on them just like the manufacturer ships them to AS, I called the manufacturer and asked. Then I pulled the dvd box where the satellite coax coming from outside is usually hidden, no wire. So contacted selling dealer and we will decide dealer of JC in short order. Thanks for all the input, but not fixable at least for me as ritually the front and road side interiors have to be removed. Not happy at this point, but we will see what happens before venting further

Old 07-18-2020, 05:22 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
So, here is the basis of the problems. The factory never wired the outside connections. I unscrewed the gray box holding cable and satellite connections. The back or inside the coach connections still had black caps on them just like the manufacturer ships them to AS, I called the manufacturer and asked. Then I pulled the dvd box where the satellite coax coming from outside is usually hidden, no wire. So contacted selling dealer and we will decide dealer of JC in short order. Thanks for all the input, but not fixable at least for me as ritually the front and road side interiors have to be removed. Not happy at this point, but we will see what happens before venting further

And another issue- No radio antenna. Not there and obviously not hooked up. This was intentional, no one can screw in the exterior coax connection box with plastic caps on the inside connections by mistake. Then the supposed quality person and supposed quality checks were not done, simply not possible and very disappointing. Having run a factory I am well aware mistakes can happen and products fail, but purposely not hooking up items and such is intentional. Sad, but our selling dealer has said they will make it right. When this happens and we are satisfied I will list them.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Resolved

I took the trailer to our selling dealer and they worked on it and found:

Cables bad to back TV
Splitter bad and not hooked up properly

They but in new coax to the back TV.
Put in a new splitter
Put in new coax to the living room TV, just in case.
Put in new coax from the junction box

Dealer in our opinion jumped right on this and found the issue and creativly resolved it.

Ansley RV in Duncansville, PA - near Altoona.

Bud