Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
2nd TV and factory speakers - need some help??

2010 25' flying cloud. I have two main questions.
1a) Want to have factory front bedroom speakers detached from factory audio, so somebody sleeping does not hear the TV/Radio. 1b) If possible would like them speakers in the bedroom connected to a 2nd TV I installed in bedroom. Not sure how to get to the wires and how this would work.

2) I am wondering if I can mirror the front TV on my new 2nd TV in the bedroom. In the attached pic there is a factory plate with two types of connections, a TV cable type connection (on bottom) and what appears to be something like a cigarette lighter female connection above it. What is that female connection and would that give me the same image as the front TV?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	400587
Anders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
2nd TV and factory speakers - need some help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders79;
2010 25' flying cloud. I have two main questions.

1a) Want to have factory front bedroom speakers detached from factory audio, so somebody sleeping does not hear the TV/Radio.
The best thing to do is on the radio, go to the balance settings, and set the rear speakers to 0. This will stop audio playing in the bedroom. I believe you have a clarion in that unit….

Quote:
1b) If possible would like them speakers in the bedroom connected to a 2nd TV I installed in bedroom. Not sure how to get to the wires and how this would work.
This is not trivial. Those speakers need to be wired to an amplifier to work. The amplifier needs to have input from the TV to work. The wires for those speakers are embedded in the ceiling so Re-routing them is not an option.

You would need to hard wire in a Bluetooth transmitted to the TV, install an amp back near the stereo, connect a Bluetooth receiver to the amp, then pull the speaker wires from the back of the stereo and feed into the amp. It’s messy. You are better off installing a sound bar for better audio in the bedroom.

Quote:

2) I am wondering if I can mirror the front TV on my new 2nd TV in the bedroom. In the attached pic there is a factory plate with two types of connections, a TV cable type connection (on bottom) and what appears to be something like a cigarette lighter female connection above it. What is that female connection and would that give me the same image as the front TV?

This is not trivial either, unless you are simply trying to play the dvd on both TVs and you are using a simple yellow RCA cable or are simply trying to watch the same cable TV program using the campground coax / cable connection.

The yellow rca Video cable was standard wiring for airstream before they went to hdmi in 2009 I believe. In my 2008 I could play dvds on either or both TVs.

With hdmi duplicating a signal from a DVD player or Apple TV or what have you to multiple TVs is typically not possible because of digital encryption and copyright.

Others may have other ideas. I’ve redone the AV in both my 2008 and 2017 trailers so have a little experience with how the airstreams are set up.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote