Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #1

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Clarence Center , New York
2017 Interstate Lounge Fusion Sound Problem

First time rv owner, first time posting. Be gentle.

I bought a used 2017 AI Lounge and stupidly didn't turn on the radio. We were half way home on a 400 mile trip and realized the speakers were blown.

We had the two front door and two back speakers replaced and they appeared to be working great but after just a day or two the sound is now fuzzy and we just barely hear the sound. They also hiss when the system is off.

I pulled the FUSION radio and started looking at the wiring and I am real confused. The front speakers and power are going through a black wiring connector but the green and purple wires for the rear speakers bypass the black wiring connector and are directly wired into the back of the radio. The rear speaker wire appear to have been cut (red connectors) and replace with these other wires (blue connectors).

I also found where the yellow power connector from the black wiring connector was spliced into and it appears two wires (yellow and blue) are carrying power from the radio to somewhere.
I'm gonna attach a couple of pictures.
Just looking for some advice on what is stock and what might be some hack job.
Thanks,
pk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	472.1 KB
ID:	371264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	371265  

ptkerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:26 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Phoenix , Arizona
Any updates on issue?

We just hit the road in our 2017 unit and had “ sound is now fuzzy and we just barely hear the sound. They also hiss when the system is off” problem. Curious if you determined the cause and resolved? I’m guessing a blown amplifier and figuring a replacement is in my future

Thanks
1olpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:04 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Judson , Texas
Did you ever get the wiring figured out
StreamingAI is offline   Reply With Quote