Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Meridian , Idaho
2012 International 23FB Stereo Questions

We've recently taken delivery of a 2012 International 23FB. It is winterized and not going anywhere for the next several months, so we're taking our time and playing with the various buttons, switches, and systems, figuring everything out.

I'm perplexed by a couple things about the Sony radio.

First, the system is supposed to have a 100W powered subwoofer, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where this thing would be located?

Second, every time I put the AS into Store mode, the radio loses its settings and presets, and re-activates the radio demo mode. I've installed car stereos before and there is usually one power wire that is switched with the ignition and another power wire that is hot even when the vehicle is off. The constant hot line keeps the settings and memory intact when the vehicle is off, at the expense of a little battery drain. Does everyone else lose settings when they go into Store mode, or is there something wrong with my setup?

Thanks for any ideas you might have!
blurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Not sure about the sub woofer location but I'd think you would be able to see it due to the size. Our is a 19' Bambi and its located under the dinette. As for loosing power it does cut everything off including the stereo. We've never worried about it since we take it out of range of our presets anyway. Have fun playing with everything and congrats on you very cool new toy!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
putting the switch into Store mode is supposed to completely disconnect the batteries from the interior electrics. I've heard that in some installations the CO detector is still powered, but the radio, etc. should all be totally dead. If you were plugged into shore power, and in Store mode, your converter would power the radio. The batteries would not be getting charged. I think things like radio drain are precisely what they are trying to minimize or eliminate with Store mode.

Can't help with the subwoofer on the 23. On our 27 FB it's on the floor under the curb side seat in the rear corner, next to the dinette.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Meridian , Idaho
Thanks for your replies. I finally found the subwoofer in the lower cabinet between the dinette and front bed. In my walkthrough, the dealer told me that cabinet didn't open, but now I see that's where the subwoofer and something else (water heater?) are hidden away.
blurb is offline   Reply With Quote