Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Appliance Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Dometic RA-2135 Propane Cook Top... Solutions?

Our 2019 International 27 foot has a Dometic RA-2135 cooktop / oven combination.

It took some effort and imagination to work out what needed to be done to keep the burners attached, the cook top from moving and the burners needing to be realigned with the propane tubing. After two years... and plenty of chasing the problems... it may be solved.

DO You have any issues with yours? Earlier this month I had enough... of chasing the solution. This is ONLY the cooktop. We use the oven to store bread. I looked it all over... and everything was... loose from the Dometic Factory. I had to use Lath Screws to secure what needed screws, but were not installed.

The folding cooktop cover... was not installed properly. It is a puzzle finding the metal trim to secure the front... as you try to secure the back on Flimsy Brackets. Cheaply made... but once you figure out the front and the back and secure with drilling four small holes and Lath screws... it is not coming loose.

I would be happy to give you some suggestions... I include three photographs that I made for my own information. Compare your cook top with these photographs and you may notice some SCREWS where none existed.

Secured the top with drilling some holes and using Lath Screws to secure. Same with the Propane tubing to the burners.

We will see how this works out after looking at this very closely and finding missing screws to secure hardware BELOW the cooktop. The Burner Springs and small screws vibrate loose and the spring falls below where you can find it. Or... falls behind, the opening near the wall... never to be retrieved.

If you want to spend $$$$$ to replace... make sure the replacement is... better.

Nancy loves this unit. Boondocking cooking is wonderful with this three burner. You just need to secure... everything. A terrible lack of screws to secure hardware from the Factory. Once tamed... wonderful.

This unit works great at 2,000 feet (Las Vegas) elevation to over 10,000 feet elevation (Cedar Breaks, Utah).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0155.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	405250   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0154.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	405251  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0156.jpg