Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Appliance Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2021, 11:19 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 16' International CCD
Villa Grande , California
Cooktop for 2007 Bambi

Hi
We have a 2007 sixteen foot Bambi. It has a Princess cooktop and one burner has stopped working. I have found that these are no longer made and repair parts are not available. It looks like we need to replace the cooktop. I have looked online for a replacement but nothing is the same size as the existing cooktop. Has anyone found a replacement cooktop that will fit into the opening?
Thanks
richandwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
We have the same year and model trailer. One of our igniters has gotten fussy but when that happens we just use a long lighter to get the burner going. If the problem is worse than that, seems to me it would be pretty cheap and easy to enlarge the opening and install a new (and better) unit.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
Monticello , Illinois
This isn’t the answer you were looking for, but we jettisoned our gas stove and go with a Onetop induction hot plate. Cuisinart sells this, but no longer supports this (I think there’s another one sold by Tasty that is the same, just blue instead of white or black). We got ours discounted from BestBuy.com. William Sonoma also sells this, but at much higher prices. It requires 110v, but has the advantage that it’s portable, so we can cook inside the camper or outside under the awning when we don’t want to heat up the camper. Of course we will also keep our Coleman propane camping stove around when we don’t have access to electricity.
LLninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Villa Grande , California
cooktop for 2007 Bambi

Well, good news. I have found a site that actually has some parts for the Princess cooktops that are no longer made.
Here it is: https://www.suremarineservice.com/Ga...Cooktop-Parts/
richandwanda is offline   Reply With Quote