Old 12-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Powayegg
Baraldi stove fan

I did a search regarding the Baraldi stove fan and I have a different problem. I replaced the fuse with a higher rating and removed the heat sensor. My problem is the fan will start if I hit the motor, lightly, and it will run for a little bit then stop. Any ideas of a fix or how to order a new fan assembly or motor.

Same problem with the shower exhaust fan.

We have a 25 ft 2012 Flying Cloud and have been fulltime since we purchased it. I assume 7 years of constant use may be part of the problem.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
The shower fan is probably not a Baraldi. This may sound too simple but the fact that they both do that may mean low voltage. They are both 12 volt and run off of your house batteries. Is your Battery switch on or are you plugged into AC with your Converter off?

rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
7 years of full time use may have worn the bearings/bushings. You could try some light oil if you can get access to both ends of the shaft. Also could be bad brushes (if there are any, some motors are brushless). In either case, replacement motors are probably called for, IMO.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1988 Argosy 32
Lomita , California
the brush's are worn out, replace them or the whole motor (in this throw away world)
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
If your shower fan is one of the Ventline models, you can order replacement motors:

Ventline/Dex RV Trailer Ventline Motor Roof Vent Motor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KR7E5MY..._QNz8DbCJ5N80Y

I ended up burning out one of the motors in our bathroom vent by closing the vent without shutting it off first (which locks up the motor). Replacing it was super easy, but you do need to access it from the outside. I was able to do it using a normal freestanding ladder and just lean over the side of the trailer. It was basically two screws on the outside, a few more for the motor itself, then the wires. It all took less than 10 minutes.

Good luck!
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Checked the voltage and it is good and the bathroom fan works fine. I checked and the shower fan is not a Baraldi so should be cheaper and easier to find and fix. I have not been able to find a replacement for the Baraldi motor or fan assembly on the internet so I will check with an Airstream dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco52 View Post
The shower fan is probably not a Baraldi. This may sound too simple but the fact that they both do that may mean low voltage. They are both 12 volt and run off of your house batteries. Is your Battery switch on or are you plugged into AC with your Converter off?
Old 12-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Thank you for the link to the Ventline motor, ordered it today. Wish I could find the Baraldi motor as I have taken it down and put some oil on it but it doesn't fix the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaugh View Post
If your shower fan is one of the Ventline models, you can order replacement motors:

Ventline/Dex RV Trailer Ventline Motor Roof Vent Motor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KR7E5MY..._QNz8DbCJ5N80Y

I ended up burning out one of the motors in our bathroom vent by closing the vent without shutting it off first (which locks up the motor). Replacing it was super easy, but you do need to access it from the outside. I was able to do it using a normal freestanding ladder and just lean over the side of the trailer. It was basically two screws on the outside, a few more for the motor itself, then the wires. It all took less than 10 minutes.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Have not been able to find the motor or the fan assembly on the internet so far. Replacing the brushes is probably over my pay grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
the brush's are worn out, replace them or the whole motor (in this throw away world)
Old 12-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
My rv neighbor saved the day. He had some spray electronic cleaner. We removed the motor from the assembly. He removed the bushings and sprayed the cleaner directly inside the motor. He made sure to clear the small grooves. We then oiled the shaft on both ends. He said the bushings looked ok.We resembled everything and so far it works. I am still on the hunt for a replacement motor or fan assembly as we use the stove everyday. Not sure if any of the exhaust fans on ebay/amazon would work as a substitute.

Still have not heard from the Airstream dealer here in San Diego. What a suprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post