Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Adding an Oven

We are looking at a 2018 that is superbly maintained but it does not have the oven, it has the Cuisinart Convection Oven/microwave. Question is can an oven be retro fitted into a 2018 30ft Classic?
Thanks
JTChapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

With enough work ( = for enough $$$) sure it can. You would need to do some gas plumbing. The cabinet would need to come out and either be replaced or modified. They normaly do a different cabinet for the "microwave" version ...

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Richland , Washington
Oven works

Have you tried using the oven? It works well for baking and stuff. We have the same one.
caronair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Agree with 3rd poster. My 2012 has a different brand of convection oven and it irks me because preheating it takes forever and overheats the whole trailer. BUT if I just want to heat a cup of water for tea, etc. I like the microwave.

My first solution is a portable electric oven. There are dozens to choose from - anywhere from $150 up about as high as you want to go. Set on a rolling rack outside it works fine for baking and so forth. A bit ungainly to transport, so best for snowbirding.
If you camp without hookups, consider cast iron cookware (buy in a thrift store or hardware store or pay too much.) There is a great thread here for Dutch oven cooking... start with one 12"inch Dutch with the rimmed lid (and IMHO add a "pot lifter" for safety). Alternately a few campers choose a "camp oven" which uses propane and seems best for feeding the multitudes - shines at rallies. Camp ovens can be found at camping supply stores or online. I have no personal experience with these.