Originally Posted by Wanna EB
After my second set of Interstates in 3 years, I have studied and studied and now have developed a lazy man's strategy. My batteries are not lasting because of over discharge. (I manage the charge carefully after cooking my first set). They are being over discharged because of long furnace runs on cold nights while boon docking. The batteries get a generator boost each morning and evening, but its not enough. And, when its cold, I am going to run the furnace and if the batteries go too low, oh well. So, here's the plan.
1) spend the 50.00 and add the temp assure sensor to boost cold weather charging
2) Buy two new group 27 interstates and install sideways (total of $178 at Costco)
3) Use camper and if the voltage goes too low, it goes too low
4) Fully expect batteries to fail within 1 year
5) Go get new ones for free each season
I will report out how it goes.
My own integrity would require me to solve my problem rather than make it someone else’s.