Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2024, 07:07 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 22' Bambi
2024 25' Trade Wind
Brunswick , MD
Victron Current Limits/Changing Input limit

On the phone yesterday with a Battleborn tech, my hubby was able to change the input limits. The tech did a remote into our system and they spent about 45 minutes fixing the issues we were having (AS had things set up incorrectly) plus doing the update. The call was actually about why we couldn't get our battery to show 100%.

Hubby asked about plugging into the 110/15amp at storage and explained that it often tripped the plug. That's when he showed us how to change it. We also now have access to a new Trailer View. We sat at storage with the AC running and using plugs etc with no issue once we changed the input.

I have attached the original video of how the tech told us to change it. But also now see this option is on the new view (Picture #1)

For anyone on FB, this is the same information I posted there in the Trade Wind group. In this thread an owner also posted a picture of the what AS is now adding to new models. See picture 2.

This link below is to my google drive for the video. I could not figure out how to post it any other way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0i...ew?usp=sharing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3039.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	444003   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6451.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	444004  

Airlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:01 AM   #2
ETA
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
2024 25' Trade Wind
Glenville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airlie View Post
On the phone yesterday with a Battleborn tech, my hubby was able to change the input limits. The tech did a remote into our system and they spent about 45 minutes fixing the issues we were having (AS had things set up incorrectly) plus doing the update. The call was actually about why we couldn't get our battery to show 100%.

Hubby asked about plugging into the 110/15amp at storage and explained that it often tripped the plug. That's when he showed us how to change it. We also now have access to a new Trailer View. We sat at storage with the AC running and using plugs etc with no issue once we changed the input.

I have attached the original video of how the tech told us to change it. But also now see this option is on the new view (Picture #1)

For anyone on FB, this is the same information I posted there in the Trade Wind group. In this thread an owner also posted a picture of the what AS is now adding to new models. See picture 2.

This link below is to my google drive for the video. I could not figure out how to post it any other way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0i...ew?usp=sharing
Hello,

Thank you for posting the information. I took at look at my victron control panel and i cannot change the charging current as shown in your video. Mine is locked and would need to "unlock" it in the settings i presume. This i believe requires accessing the victron via a PC. Not sure though. Was yours unlocked via the factory on your tradewind or did your husband tap into the communications port on the victron itself.

Thanks in advance
Ed
ETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 07:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2024 25' Trade Wind
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETA View Post
Mine is locked and would need to "unlock" it in the settings i presume. This i believe requires accessing the victron via a PC. Not sure though.
Yeah, that is what this whole thread is aboutÖ the charging limit is locked from the factory, you need to click a checkbox in the Victron app to enable it.
hikingcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:27 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Bothell , Washington
Ed, assuming you have a Trade Wind.

Couple of options :
1. Check the thread “shore power input” for instructions
2. Sounds like from post Airlie above, if you call BattleBorn they might be able to remote into your TW and change the setting for you. My assumption is they are doing the same thing we have done noted in the “shore power input” post.
3. Any Victron Dealer/ service can also do this. It’s a 10
Minute job.

Good luck.

Chuck
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 08:31 AM   #5
ETA
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
2024 25' Trade Wind
Glenville , New York
Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, i have a trade wind. After posting i did find the "shore power input" thread. Lots of good info.

I know i can do this conversion on my own, my only reservation is that it might void the warranty.

I made a request with my dealer to see what the "switch" modification would cost. I guess this will help me make my decision.

Thanks again for help.

Ed
ETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 02:07 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 25' Trade Wind
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETA View Post
I made a request with my dealer to see what the "switch" modification would cost. I guess this will help me make my decision.
The switch modification should be free. It is being considered a warranty/optional recall from Airstream.

Honestly, I like having the switch. Even if I adjust the amperage a bit, I may do is by modifying their relay settings, so that the switch is still there to auto change from one setting to another (really I only have a few situations: charging from 30 amp, charging from a 15 amp outlet, and charging from my car generator. For the moment, 10 seems fine. But I could see wanting to up it if I'm trying to run the A/C off grid and want to reduce battery drain as much as possible.
hikingcamera is offline   Reply With Quote