Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Kingston , Nova Scotia
US batteries

Is anyone using 6 volt batteries from US batteries. One dealer here in Canada said he has sold many of these deep cycle batteries and had good luck with them. Any feed back on this brand.

Thanks
Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Question

There are only THREE major mfr's of batteries of this type in North America. (There are many, minor mfr's in the world who might distribute in North America however.) Regardless of the brand-name.... one of them likely makes whatever "market-brand" you observe. Johnson Controls mfr's all the Exide, Interstate, Optima, etc etc are ALL MADE BY JOHNSON CONTROLS.

The point I wish to make is that the particular and specific battery you are observing, and it's quality, is more dependent upon it's individual specification. You cannot simply decide that Ajax batteries are better than Acme ....without delving deeper into the individual specs of that battery.

Here is a link to see who actually makes the battery, in case you still think that's important:
http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm#U

Here's a link for general battery education:
http://www.bumpertobumperradio.com/l...tate-batteries

What to look for when buying a battery? (with a bias toward Interstate):
http://www.bumpertobumperradio.com/l...tate-batteries
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Kingston , Nova Scotia
battery

You are right about spec's and I was not going there at this point, I do check them but I also just asked to see what was the most popular brands used since advise from users is just as important, just like the spec's.
I just here of a few brands listed from other users and there has to be others batteries with the same or better spec's is there not.

I do thank you for the reading you sent. thanks
Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Rancho Cordova , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Is anyone using 6 volt batteries from US batteries...
So were you looking at the US AGM 6V27? (Or the lead acid?)
AGM Spec below:
Data:
20 Hour Rate: 214
5 Hour Rate: 172
Minutes of Discharge @ 75 Amps: –
Minutes of Discharge @ 56 Amps: –
Minutes of Discharge @ 25 Amps: 450
CCA @ 0 Degrees (F) -18 Degrees (C): 900
CA @ 32 Degrees (F) – 0 Degrees (C): 1000

Length: 12.05” (306mm)
Width: 6.61” (168mm)
Height: 8.98” (228mm)
J-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
East Penn Manufacturing is the second largest manufacturer in North America. Their primary brand is Deka and I've used them for years in my boat and cars. They do private labeling as well, look for East Penn Mfg. on the battery label. They show Intimidator AGM, Deka Ultimate/Marine Master and Pro Master batteries on their web site.
Auto, marine, golf cart, lawn & garden, farm, EV, etc.
http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com...ransportation/

You can order the Deka batteries from Lowes and have them delivered to your local store in a few days.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote