Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Caravanner
Pueblo West , Colorado
Redo Fuse panel and update system

I have an old 58 cloud and I would like to know if I can get one unit that would handle all my ac dc and charging problems? All I can see in it now is a ckt brker and a outdated fuse panel. Can all of this be handled in one unit? Thanks for any help!

Ron
Ron Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Banks View Post
I have an old 58 cloud and I would like to know if I can get one unit that would handle all my ac dc and charging problems? All I can see in it now is a ckt brker and a outdated fuse panel. Can all of this be handled in one unit? Thanks for any help!

Ron
Yes, but it's expensive.

It's far cheaper to use separate systems, that work very well.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
Mini Rivet

1975 25' Tradewind
Holland , Michigan
Here's one I am thinking about getting.
The Intelli-Power 4300 Series AC/DC Distribution Panel and Intelli-Power Converter with Charge Wizard is the Ultimate All-In-One System.
bmklawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
While the all in one unit does look very clean and has a small foot print, I still like the idea of separate components. Both the AC and DC distribution panels are extremal reliable. The one component that may fail over the years is the converter which can be replaced with very little effort. Remember that all in one stereo you tossed when the cassette or 8 track messed up?

The wires from the existing DC distribution panel will most likely not reach the wall where the new unit will be mounted. That means all those wires will have to be spliced and labeled. Every time you splice a wire you increase the chance of a bad connection somewhere down the road.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
While the all in one unit does look very clean and has a small foot print, I still like the idea of separate components. Both the AC and DC distribution panels are extremal reliable. The one component that may fail over the years is the converter which can be replaced with very little effort. Remember that all in one stereo you tossed when the cassette or 8 track messed up?

The wires from the existing DC distribution panel will most likely not reach the wall where the new unit will be mounted. That means all those wires will have to be spliced and labeled. Every time you splice a wire you increase the chance of a bad connection somewhere down the road.
Yeah but, the converter is a separate component, you can get any capacity you need, totally separate from the two fuse panel part.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
fuse box

The all-in-one ac/dc box looks nice and clean, but are the fuse holders as close together as I think they are from the picture? It would be nice if you could see one in person and try pulling a fuse or two. Having the fuses holders recessed and so close to the edge of the box may (or may not) make it a bit of a challenge.

Murphy's law tells us when a fuse blows, it's likely to be dark and cold. At least that has been my experience. I may be just less dexterous than others.
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It looks like the converter is built into the bottom of the box to me.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
It looks like the converter is built into the bottom of the box to me.

My mistake, I was thinking about this one: WFCO 8930/50 AC/DC Distribution Panel Which allows for a separate converter but has the two distribution panels together.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote