Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Wilmot , New Hampshire
Question Newby: 2019 Interstate AGM batteries & Inverter ?

Hi,
Sorry this started as questions but ending up in a rant:
We are considering purchasing a new 2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext. I know that they are equip with 4 AGM batteries but does anyone know exactly what manufacturer? I assumed that they were Lifeline (like our former 25FB) but upon reading the forums, I'm not sure. We plan to do a lot of boon docking and I run a CPAP machine nightly. I have portable batteries that I used with the trailer ( but couldn't use my humidifier with them). Now that we will have 300 watts of solar, I would like to use the Interstate batteries. My plan was to plug the CPAP into the outlet on the rear of the passenger side ottoman and then place the CPAP, with humidifier, on the floor just behind my side of the bed. But reading the forums, it seems that when boon docking one needs to turn on the inverter and then THAT OUTLET DOESN'T HAVE ANY POWER. Is this true? What about the one in the kitchen? I really don't relish the idea of an extension cord dangling from the TV wall etc. We have been Airstream people for over 10 years but the electrical issues are giving me pause. The Pleasure Way Plateau with 2 lithium batteries and a 200 watt inverter (and a bigger sink and the lagun table system) seems to be more advanced! But we like the Interstate better for other things. My husband has had a stroke, I will be the only driver and not handy, so can't do work on the Interstate on my own and upgrading the electrical system just seems like too much money. For the price Airstream charges, why the wimpy electrical system?
Sorry for the length - thanks for reading. Oh, we live in NH - closest, only, Airstream dealer is in Maine.
jagzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It seems it would be worth visiting a dealership that has one of these in stock, take a good look at it and try everything out to see if it will suit you.

Good luck.

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
You need to talk to LEWSTER, Lew At AM Solar. He's on the forums too. I have the 2018, and unless they have dramatically changed I could not boondock 1 night without either....significant battery drainage with only fridge on, or getting up every 1-2 hours and cranking my engine for 10-15 minutes, or getting up every 1-2 hours and running the generator for 1-2 hours. And that's only with fridge and maybe fantastic fan. I would worry about getting thru night with CPAP. Find out what they have on board and talk to Lew. He's the best. I had him upgrade mine. I wanted to be able to boondock. And after his work...it was life changing. I can now sleep thru night without worrying. And my lithium battery is inside....no more worrying about below batteries falling off or getting damaged.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote