Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Inverter Power Switch

My search for a power selection switch to select shore or inverter has not yielded any satisfying results. I could put the 2500 Watts right to the AC panel but that would power up the outside plug for the shoreline when on. With 5000 Watts burst that's a little dangerous. Most not good for curious campers who have to touch stuff. So a two way switch would seem to be in order.
1) Would an automatic generator switch little the Parallax ats 310 work. Does it draw power from the battery in the background keeping a relay engaged thus draining the battery.
2) I would prefer a manual switch that is on-off-on for power and safty reasons but I haven't been able to find one at a good price. The BlueSea's is nice for a price.

Information and sources ?
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)