Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #1

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Inverter E5 Error

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I own a 2021 25’ flying cloud. Recently the inverter has an E5 error code. I called a local mobile RP repair person and he said that because I have the camper plugged into only household electric (I only keep it plugged in to keep the batteries charged not to use anything in the camper) that he cannot troubleshoot the inverter. I have never had a problem keeping the batteries charged with standard household power but regardless, might anyone know what to do about this error code? Also, aren’t the solar panels sufficient to keep the batteries charged when not in use? Thank you for your help.
m201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:53 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Grass Lake , Michigan
Error code definitions should be in the owners manual for the inverter. Without knowing the brand or model, folks here can only make guesses.
oldenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Having the trailer plugged into 15amp can't cause any different error code then plugging into a regular trailer outlet. Possibly reverse polarity or that the trailer is plugged in so transfer switch isn't switching to inverter. On some inverters (don't know about yours) E05 code means low battery, what is battery voltage. On some it means overload on output(to big a load on inverter or a short).
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #4

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Thanks for the replies.

The unit is a Progressive Dynamics PD1610J. I did locate it on the curb side in the front under the twin bed. It’s odd.. it’s just loose on the floor amongst the piles of wires. It’s not even mounted to anything.

I wasn’t able to get the error code to reset and support or service seems scarce so for $325. I just ordered a new one. Seems the E5 code means it could just be dead for some reason. Not thrilled to have to buy a new one but after shipping, troubleshooting, the cost of service people to diagnose and shipping it back to have it looked at, etc…
Old 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #5

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
The other thing is, I was told that the unit could be reset with a switch that is directly on the unit itself. On the unit itself is the same remote panel that is in the kitchen. It doesn’t do anything different to reset it directly on the unit. It still just says “fault“ and E-5.
Old 06-13-2023, 03:50 PM   #6

2021 30' Globetrotter
Rio Verde , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by m201 View Post
The other thing is, I was told that the unit could be reset with a switch that is directly on the unit itself. On the unit itself is the same remote panel that is in the kitchen. It doesn’t do anything different to reset it directly on the unit. It still just says “fault“ and E-5.
I am having the same issue. Did you install the new unit yourself ?
JWDL is offline   Reply With Quote