Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Intel power question

Hi all have a question have installed a new 60amp intel with new fuse box in a 72 overlander for a friend, also did the same on my 72. the old univolt had issues. Here it is where does the white heavy wire go that was on the old univolt marked line ? I did have the 110 wires and they are not being used as the intel is plugged in to an outlet. Also the Blue wire which is tow vehicle charge should this go to the direct power side of the fuse box with the power line from the converter ?, Currently have it to a fuse side of the box 15amp ?. also Does anyone know if the factory has changed on this year where the white is ground and black pos, as it was in older trailers,
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Did your old Univolt look like this one? I replaced with an Intelipower just like yours and the Red was positive, the black was positive, and the white was negative. (The black one said it was for an indicator light on the side of the univolt)
Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old and new converters.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	136476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Univolt placard.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	136477  

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
close mine was blue my black was a neg but the white said line cant figure if this means line is positive
Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...ion-78743.html
I hope the above "cut and paste" turns out to be a link. When I was chasing down some issues during my install, someone (about post #17 I think) talked about wires just like yours.

Check out what he said and see if this helps you in your journey.. Seems like his trailer was a bit older than mine and might be a better match for the info. you are chasing

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...ion-78743.html
I hope the above "cut and paste" turns out to be a link. When I was chasing down some issues during my install, someone (about post #17 I think) talked about wires just like yours.

Check out what he said and see if this helps you in your journey.. Seems like his trailer was a bit older than mine and might be a better match for the info. you are chasing
I have the same question about that white wire in my 1971 Overlander. I think it is the ground for the hard wired old Univolt. The black wire going into the bottom section of the old Univolt was the hot wire. I put it black wire on one of the power terminals on the fuse box. (I don't know if that's right or not.) I posted earlier today a schematic of my wiring configuration in hopes to get some feedback, but I've only had one response. Take a look at my post in 'Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters' forum. Maybe we can figure this thing out together. Good luck.
Ag'71 is offline   Reply With Quote