Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #121
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Eddie Bauer
Billings , Montana
Another Successful Install

Thanks to the OP, Msmoto, and all the contributors to this outstanding thread. Just completed installing a BD1260HW in a 27 FB.

The video link on Randy's website, bestconverter.com, details the installation of a 1260 in a 27FB which was very helpful. Thanks Randy! One deviation I made from the video was to use double sided sticky tape (which I am a big fan of) to secure the boondocker to the floor of the existing chassis in lieu of sheet screws. All good thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1044.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	325057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	325058  

eganwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:12 AM   #122
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Santa Fe , New Mexico
New Boondocker 1260HW Issue

Was up most of the night with a very loud converter fan (I can hear it when AC is running, that's how loud) running for anywhere from 15-30 minutes, about 15 minutes in between cycles.

Had called Randy earlier in the day and he said that the fan runs sometimes and it is not loud and that it's "just moving air, that's all it does". Well, it might be moving air, but it's moving air a lot and loudly.

Batteries show fully charged at posts. 2 brand new Trojan 6V wired in series to make 12V system.

Installed according to Randy's phone instructions and photos here. The newer model doesn't come with fuses so had to wire through.

Randy, I've seen others post about this unit arriving with fan issues. Please advise.
memph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #123
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Santa Fe , New Mexico
"Give It A Couple Days"

Converter Fan Update: I just spoke with Randy and he said that the converter is going through a learning phase and the fan may run a lot. He suggested I give it a couple of days before deciding it has something wrong. I'll post an update in a couple days.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #124
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Fan Settled Down, Voltage Low

The fan has settled down. It still generates more air noise than the Parallax ever did, but it isn't running every 15 minutes anymore.

The voltage it is sending to the batteries is a bit low for my 6V Trojans in series - it's floating at 13.0-13.1 and Trojans can do 13.5 float. I just talked to Mr. Randy on the phone and he told me that there is a potentiometer adjustment on the side of the unit - adjusting it to the right will raise the output voltage of the converter.

A couple instructions in a PDF online or shipping with these units would save you some phone calls Randy. I've read that you're also trying to get the manufacturer to make the wires on these units longer - definitely would be helpful.