Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlbriggs View Post
Hi, I read this post on my phone and it had a chart of how the electricity flowed when connected to shoreline or not. I cannot seem to get it downloaded. It is a much needed reference tool.

Can I trouble you to either send it to me or tell me where I can find it to download?

Thank you!

David Briggs
Which post number? If you go back to that post and Quote [see button below] the author, you will get his or her attention right away.

Welcome to the forum!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Maybe this should go in another thread, but Peter you mention the cheapness of AS, and I agree, but what are the aftermarket choices for a radio that are best for the trailer?

Travelin Man, yep, m303, is junk. I leave my face on, should leave door open and hope someone steals the darn thing!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
The Audio etc. forum has some threads on that, as I recall:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450/

A good replacement radio would involve a number of variables, including location/space in each trailer, functions to be included, and sync issues with other items like TV, BlueRay player etc..

Search for "radio replacement upgrade" shows some promising leads here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=radi....0.awgaN63oF6Y

For now, we are happy with a KISS solution -- remove the faceplate!

We also bring along a standard old radio which runs on 6 D batteries -- a GE Super Radio which has lasted through many job site accidents, and has fairly good reception. I like the redundancy of the D cells and stand-alone radio.

Next may be a Sony international short-wave radio, or a Milwaukee unit that takes the M12 batteries we have been gearing up for in our portable tool quiver:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/2590-20

I will post a query about this on the Lithium Tool thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ls-170188.html

Peter

Sorry for the OT detour -- we now return to the previously scheduled discussion!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Thanks Peter,

Advanced RV units use a brand called JL Audio, very pricy, but boast the best and cleanest sound. Likely cost $3k for everything you need as you buy everything as components, source unit, amp, speakers, remote, etc...
Old 09-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #85

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Thank you everybody on the subwoofer disconnect question. I have a 2016 25ft FC with a Clarion radio. I am guess there is no subwoofer parasitic draw, I've disconnected various non-speaker wire wires and saw no differance.

Matti
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB International
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4293.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	295564 I finally got around to installing my battery disconnect switch. It's not to spec yet but will work on it when I have more time including upgrading to 1/0 gauge wires. The one thing that needs to change is that I have the main positive cable sandwiched between one of the batteries and the battery bolt which is threaded and will likely chafe. It's in storage for a few months so I have time.
chaseav is offline   Reply With Quote