Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Felton , California
Help with Victron 150/35 Controller

I jut replaced my AGM's in our 2022 Basecamp 20xwith a pair of Renogy 100AH lithiums. The install went better than expected except for one not so minor hitch.

I tried to change the rotary switch to 7 for lithium batteries, but i couldn't quite get a screw driver into the slot on the switch. The controller is mounted too close to the bottom of the seat. I ended up un-mounting the controller to get to the switch. Unfortunately somewhere in the process the indicator arrow came off of the stud on the rotary switch. Now, the switch might be in position 7, position 3 or some other position.

Right now the batteries are in and charging from the power center. I have the negative lead from the PV to the controller disconnected.

The last time I looked, the Bulk led was blinking. When I connect the neutral lead (from PV) to the controller, the bulk light stays solid. The manual said all three led's should blink for four seconds when I connect the panels (if in position 7). I tried connecting and disconnecting the panel a few times and never got four seconds of blinking.

Hopefully there are some Victron Controller experts out there.

I meant to post this on the solar thread. Hopefully the monitors will move this.
JA15830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

North AL , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA15830 View Post
I jut replaced my AGM's in our 2022 Basecamp 20xwith a pair of Renogy 100AH lithiums. The install went better than expected except for one not so minor hitch.

I tried to change the rotary switch to 7 for lithium batteries, but i couldn't quite get a screw driver into the slot on the switch. The controller is mounted too close to the bottom of the seat. I ended up un-mounting the controller to get to the switch. Unfortunately somewhere in the process the indicator arrow came off of the stud on the rotary switch. Now, the switch might be in position 7, position 3 or some other position.

Right now the batteries are in and charging from the power center. I have the negative lead from the PV to the controller disconnected.

The last time I looked, the Bulk led was blinking. When I connect the neutral lead (from PV) to the controller, the bulk light stays solid. The manual said all three led's should blink for four seconds when I connect the panels (if in position 7). I tried connecting and disconnecting the panel a few times and never got four seconds of blinking.

Hopefully there are some Victron Controller experts out there.

I meant to post this on the solar thread. Hopefully the monitors will move this.
Probably the easiest solution is to buy the Victron Bluetooth Dongle which will allow you to adjust the charge settings in the smartphone app.
Tyler2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:08 AM   #3
Winemaker

2014 23' International
2022 27' International
2021 20' Basecamp
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA15830 View Post

Hopefully there are some Victron Controller experts out there..
I’m definitely not an expert.

Can’t you use the solid monitor to input the changes?

The victron website has been a great resource for technical details. Maybe they would have an image of the MPPT that would show enough detail to see if you have it set to 7.

Agree that the dongle toads Bluetooth would be worth considering. Can’t believe they haven’t updated to the smart MPPT.

Good luck!
Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Felton , California
Read the Manual

Turns out I didn't read the manual correctly. I'll explain in case someone else has this issue. The three LED lights blink (all three blinking slowly for lithium) to indicate which profile has been selected. I thought this would happen when the unit power up. Upon a closer reading of the manual, I learned that it happens any time you change the rotary selector. All I had to do was unmount the unit (so i could access the dial) and change the setting until I got the correct lights.
JA15830 is offline   Reply With Quote