Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 06:54 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Livingston , Texas
Here's what my manual suggests for the inverter not working... But this isn't the right answer. My inverterdoesn't work either and I've been watching posts like this for better answers.

"Overloading the inverter will cause a automatic shut off to activate. Removing
the load will allow the inverter to reset."
glenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrms View Post
Here's what my manual suggests for the inverter not working... But this isn't the right answer. My inverterdoesn't work either and I've been watching posts like this for better answers.

"Overloading the inverter will cause a automatic shut off to activate. Removing

the load will allow the inverter to reset."

I think I figured it out. Waiting on a part and then will post. If you don’t have a voltage meter you need to go get one at Lowe’s Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4037.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	321693

It’s highly possible the load isn’t reaching your inverter.

Take a picture of your inverter , the voltage meter you got and your batteries and post it on here and I’ll help you
Old 09-08-2018, 05:23 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
I had the same / similar problem. Was a fuse.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...nt-184323.html

The correct fuse is in post #48.

Hope that helps!

Uncle Bad - you were spot on ! The fuse was blown. Getting to figure that out there was a list of steps to make sure it wasn’t a larger issue with the inverter or converter.

Once I bought the voltage meter things really made sense. I checked the inputs to the inverter (black and red blocks ) and they had very little voltage. Then I pulled them out and checked them again. Then i tested the batteries and they were actually a little low so I charged them. The voltage display inside the airstream is not accurate you have to check it at the battery with a meter. Got those charged up to 13 and change and then the issue became the eyelet vs the main red terminal because the red eyelet goes to the inverter and the main terminal red goes to the rest of the unit. I got jumper cables and ran both reds to the eyelet and the main and the inverter started right up- which meant that above the 100a fuse there was no signal and likely fuse was blown. Then tested the fuse myself by using the voltage meter (that thing worth it’s weight in gold). The fuse was blown. Ordered 2 on amazon and installed and everything is working now. Like magic.

Honestly the local dealer said they couldn’t see me until October 24th to warranty repair it. Learning how to do a repair and use voltage meter I recommend for anyone serious about boondocking or their trailer. It’s a MUST in my opinion and I will not be leaving home without it.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubadour1 View Post
Uncle Bad - you were spot on ! The fuse was blown. Getting to figure that out there was a list of steps to make sure it wasn’t a larger issue with the inverter or converter.

Once I bought the voltage meter things really made sense. I checked the inputs to the inverter (black and red blocks ) and they had very little voltage. Then I pulled them out and checked them again. Then i tested the batteries and they were actually a little low so I charged them. The voltage display inside the airstream is not accurate you have to check it at the battery with a meter. Got those charged up to 13 and change and then the issue became the eyelet vs the main red terminal because the red eyelet goes to the inverter and the main terminal red goes to the rest of the unit. I got jumper cables and ran both reds to the eyelet and the main and the inverter started right up- which meant that above the 100a fuse there was no signal and likely fuse was blown. Then tested the fuse myself by using the voltage meter (that thing worth it’s weight in gold). The fuse was blown. Ordered 2 on amazon and installed and everything is working now. Like magic.

Honestly the local dealer said they couldn’t see me until October 24th to warranty repair it. Learning how to do a repair and use voltage meter I recommend for anyone serious about boondocking or their trailer. It’s a MUST in my opinion and I will not be leaving home without it.

Awesome! I have a spare myself. And yes - a voltage meter is helpful!

Feels great to fix it yourself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	321836
Old 09-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
So you had two concurrent issues:

1 - dead or very low batteries
2 - blown fuse

This is why when you bypassed the ( not yet known) blown fuse there was no change - due to the dead batteries.

I should have had you check the continuity across the fuse - would have saved you a little bit of time. Sorry about that!
Old 09-09-2018, 02:22 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
So you had two concurrent issues:

1 - dead or very low batteries
2 - blown fuse

This is why when you bypassed the ( not yet known) blown fuse there was no change - due to the dead batteries.

I should have had you check the continuity across the fuse - would have saved you a little bit of time. Sorry about that!

Re #1 Exactly ! I don’t mind that it took some extra digging because I learned so much and now have the confidence to troubleshoot. It’s funny with electrical because typically when we don’t know how logical it is we might throw our hands up but it really is process of elimination (and not getting your butt shocked off in the process ).
Old 08-28-2019, 09:17 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
WARRINGTON , Pennsylvania
WF-5110R Inverter Not Working

Hi Folks,

I have the same issue with our 2019 Globetrotter- the inverter seems to be completely dead (no read out on panel, no green flashing light), and the remote panel LED does not light up. I followed the advise in this thread and did the following:
1. checked breakers at panel, turned all breakers off and back on
2. checked the fuses - all good
3. checked breaker on inverter -not tripped
4. checked for power at the inverter

At step 4., things get interesting. The volt meter shows 30 volts! Either I don't know how to use the volt meter correctly, or the batteries are not hooked up correctly. The two 12v batteries appear to be wired in parallel. The negatives are connected, and the positives are connected.

Looking for any ideas on what might be going on here.

Thanks!
hdavis40 is offline   Reply With Quote