Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
lucca53

1973 31' Excella 500
2004 22' Safari
2006 25' Safari
napa , California
Dealer installed 2006 inverter

This Wfco inverter is driving me crazy so any help would make my week, remote works just fine on and off I bench tested and get 110 ac volts as should put all back in and no ac in any plugs this is a 25 foot front bed twins....Plugs are not marked but would think that bedroom and front tv and dinette would work off inverter....When I plug in shore power all plugs work just fine....Not sure how they wired I mean I can see the conduit that goes into wall but than what.....I knew when I got unit it didn't work but was willing to put in new but new one will not help any Ideas please my head hurts.......
lucca53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca53 View Post
This Wfco inverter is driving me crazy so any help would make my week, remote works just fine on and off I bench tested and get 110 ac volts as should put all back in and no ac in any plugs this is a 25 foot front bed twins....Plugs are not marked but would think that bedroom and front tv and dinette would work off inverter....When I plug in shore power all plugs work just fine....Not sure how they wired I mean I can see the conduit that goes into wall but than what.....I knew when I got unit it didn't work but was willing to put in new but new one will not help any Ideas please my head hurts.......
Since Airstreams do not come with inverter 'prewire' like they do with solar prewire (as useless as it is), only the dealer knows how they ran the 120VAC circuit from the inverter and to which outlets.

In the factory inverter installation, there is a separate circuit usually of 3-4 outlets that are dedicated 'inverter' circuits and are marked with blue stickers as such. Since there is no transfer function used by Airstream when on shore power, so there will be duplicate outlets usually located right next to your original outlets.

I would have the dealer show you which outlets (if any) they wired directly to that inverter.

If the wire circuit (most dealers and Airstream would use Romex for this purpose) can be found connected to the inverter, find a good electrical person that has the proper tools to trace this wire from the inverter out towards the outlets. They might be able to find where that circuit goes (this is a last resort incase your dealer 'can't remember' where they ran the outlets.....if they actually ran any in the first place!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
lucca53

1973 31' Excella 500
2004 22' Safari
2006 25' Safari
napa , California
Thanks for the response I know I can do without but since it was there why no have it work.....
Old 06-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
lucca53

1973 31' Excella 500
2004 22' Safari
2006 25' Safari
napa , California
But if it has dedicated plugs why do all of them have power when plugged to shore power......
Old 06-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The factory inverter installation 120Vac outlets are not operational unless the inverter is manually turned on which then draws power from the installed battery(s) to energize the two to four outlets usually associated with a DVD player and television(s).

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote