Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Liberty Hill , Texas
Dead inverter plugs

We have a 2018 International Signiture 28 RB. This morning I plugged in a electrical heater and a coffee pot into the inverter plug at the enterance door. And the both turned off. My mistake. I check all fuses and CB twice reset every breaker, disconnected shore power and disconnected the batteries to see it what ever would reset. All inverter plugs dead. The one at the enterance door both TVs and the blue ray player. Inverter is running and powers off and on. Even with the inverter off no power. Took apart the Plug at the door and the wires and plug look normal. What else could it be?
International 23FB
Franktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Liberty Hill , Texas
Fixed

It was the GFI breaker that I thought I reset twice before third time the charm.
International 23FB
Franktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franktr View Post
It was the GFI breaker that I thought I reset twice before third time the charm.

Glad you posted back about your fix.

Most of us have been there at one time or another. Just for those few who don't know, always flip the breakers completely off and then reset. Some don't look flipped or may not reset properly without this method.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:07 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Northville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franktr View Post
We have a 2018 International Signiture 28 RB. This morning I plugged in a electrical heater and a coffee pot into the inverter plug at the enterance door. And the both turned off. My mistake. I check all fuses and CB twice reset every breaker, disconnected shore power and disconnected the batteries to see it what ever would reset. All inverter plugs dead. The one at the enterance door both TVs and the blue ray player. Inverter is running and powers off and on. Even with the inverter off no power. Took apart the Plug at the door and the wires and plug look normal. What else could it be?

Our 2018 26 Flying Cloud has a breaker button on the side of the inverter. It’s lighted and all you have to do is push it in. That should restore power to your plugs.
NMSUMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote