RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Penfield , New York
Converter Fuse Keeps Blowing!!

Hello Streamers:

I have an electrical problem I need some expert help with please!

My 2013 Int 23D has been in my driveway unplugged for several days after a recent camping trip. I went to plug it in only to find that nothing worked inside the trailer except the microwave oven. When I checked the fuses, I found the 30amp fuse blown, replaced it and it continued to blow! I turned everything off inside the trailer changed where I was plugging the power cord in and the same results! Then I turned all circuit breakers off. Repeated the process with a new fuse. I turned on the circuit breakers one at a time and found #2 to be the culprit..... labeled 15A CONVERTER-TV/DIN

I know the converter may be the problem but what about TV/DIN? What the heck does that mean? I unplugged the TV and still blow fuses...How to test the converter out? is there a separate fuse inside the converter?

Thanks for any and all help you airstream electricians!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170829_114559.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	293511  
DreamsInSlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
[QUOTE=DreamsInSlvr;2001011]Hello Streamers:

I have an electrical problem I need some expert help with please!

My 2013 Int 23D has been in my driveway unplugged for several days after a recent camping trip. I went to plug it in only to find that nothing worked inside the trailer except the microwave oven. When I checked the fuses, I found the 30amp fuse blown, replaced it and it continued to blow! Then I turned all circuit breakers off. Repeated the process with a new fuse. I turned on the circuit breakers one at a time and found #2 to be the culprit..... labeled 15A CONVERTER-TV/DIN

I know the converter may be the problem but what about TV/DIN? What the heck does that mean? I unplugged the TV and still blow fuses...How to test the converter out? is there a separate fuse inside [QUOTE]

TV/DIN means that the breaker also controls the 120V outlet that the TV plugs into and the 120V outlet that is on the forwardmost wall, under the dinette table. You asked about 30 amp fuses for the converter, the only 30 amp fuses in my '13 23D are exactly that, the ones that protect the converter and they are on the front just above the row of fuses that feed all the 12 volt circuits. 
Name:   IMG_6433.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  92.9 KB
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote