Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Hudson , Full-time on the road
>Click< sound every 20 seconds or so from breaker box near front gaucho

The past week we've been doing some minor work on our AS while parked in my family's driveway. It seems like we mistakenly drained our system by using the Fantastic Fans and and now we are hearing an intermittent click sound - in intervals of about 20 seconds or so. We do have a 12v Pure Sine Wave inverter/AC charger which (hopefully) protected our battery bank from depleting too low.

Anyway, my question concerns the "clicking" sounds up front by our gaucho (our battery's and inverter/charger are under the bed in the back). Does anyone know how we get this to stop? We are now plugged into shore power (the garage outlet) in an effort to charge up our batteries.

Will the clicking cease once the battery bank reaches normal capacity? My wife and I are not electrical engineers - so any help or advice would be awesome!

Thanks!
Wickstrom_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It is probably a self-resetting circuit breaker tripping and resetting. I'd strongly suggest finding out what it is.
If you really want it to stop, unplug the trailer from shore power, and disconnect the batteries.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Solar controller checking charge level if you have solar.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote