Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #1
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Changing Magnum MMS1012 charging profile

Around 5/6 years ago I installed a MMS1012 + MM-RC controller. My install allows 10amp on the inverter circuit for all low amp devices and a by-pass 30amp circuit for everything else (we have no roof top AC, and our on-board Climate Right is around 850w so runs on the inverter circuit). This means I have been happy running lead acid batteries (not even AGM), but it looks like I am going to need to change those batteries again soon, so time to look to LiFePo4.

However it appears, with the basic MM-RC controller at least, the MMS charge profile can't be changed to LiFePO4, so I am concerned the battery swap will trigger changing inverter/controller as well.

This is a 'can of worms' for me, as I exported my motorhome to UK when I relocated back home, and currently supply 120v/30amp via a transformer. So logically I would swap to a 240v/16amp inverter, but then would end up swapping the 3way fridge and the Climate Right (or install a step-down 240-120v transformer for those devices as they are on the inverter circuit). If I go in that direction its a case of 'how far'.

Can anyone suggest how to change the MMS1012 charging profile to keep this simple as Magnum themselves have been pretty unresponsive?
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote