Old 12-24-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Bailey , Colorado
Central Control Not Working

Recently bought a '76 Airstream argosy MH. The central control was detached from the vehicle when I bought it. I reattached it correctly and pushed the generator button. The button lit up and the generator started. All the lights in the vehicle came on and it ran well. Then I plugged a small lamp into one of the wall outlets and 3 minutes later the generator shut down and the central control went out. I pulled the fuse on the central control and it wasn't blown. I found one blown fuse in the floor fuse box (3rd fuse down on the right - pink wire) and replaced it. Not sure if that's what caused the fuse to blow or not as I have not look in the floor fuse box recently. I can't find any reason why it's now not working (central control). I'm getting no power to the central control and can't use my generator now.

Is there another fuse I need to check?

Something else that could of caused the problem?

The fuse inside the central control never blew. However now it's not working.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Fin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Bailey , Colorado
Here are photos of the units in my argosy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	301409   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	301410  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	301411  
Old 12-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Bailey , Colorado
The central control unit wasn't physically attached to the mh. It was only wired up. I don't know if this could of caused the problem? It's still not working. Could sure use a working generator it's cold outside.

Thoughts, tips, tricks?

Merry Christmas