Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
BM Pro Wireless Battery Monitoring

I came across this today.

https://teambmpro.com/au/battery-check.html

It's a battery monitor that works through your smart phone. It has a shunt like you would expect, but it also has bluetooth connectivity. It appears to be extremely easy to install. All you do is connect it to the battery, and pair it to your phone. No wires to run to a monitor.

Does anyone have one, have experience with one or even seen one? I'm wondering how it compares to the Tri Metric.

The ease of installation is compelling.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
I haven't heard of those before but it looks very interesting. I'd be curious to hear about any real life experiences with this device.
Cardinal283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I did a quick look at the information in the link. I have a Tri Metric system in my FC 20'. Some quick impressions:

It probably is not as versatile as the Tri Metric in that it does not have all of the various possible readouts and settings the TM has. On the other hand, many will never use the capability of the TM, and sometimes the TM is kind of a pain to figure out and use.

The cost is considerably higher than the TM.

It most likely would be easier to install on a simple installation than the TM, but if you have two large negative cables as I have (one for the inverter, one for the coach) it might be more difficult to install.

The idle current of 10 mA, although not high would, over time, run the batteries down, so, it needs to be disconnected for long term storage. The TM also has that same problem, just one more reason I recommend total disconnection of the batteries when in storage. I think this one would be easier to forget, not sure.

If you are comfortable using your smart phone for everything, I guess that reading the battery capacity etc is ok, but I like a dedicated readout. I am old school, I admit.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Has anyone installed a BM Pro BatteryCheck? I'm curious to know how you like it, how long it's been installed and any related comments. A friend is considering having one installed and I'd like to know more about the product and it's operation.

I recently installed a Tri Metric monitor and found it to be a wonderful tool. For those who want wireless (i.e. Bluetooth) operation the BatteryCheck product may be just the ticket.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
I found the same wireless unit recently (Jan 2016) and am considering buying it. Did you end up getting one and if so do you like it?
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote