Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
Battery cutoff and BMV 712 install and thank you

Hi All, Thought I would share some details on my install and say thank you to all the folks out there who shared their insights and suggestions that informed my install.“

Thank you to ‘Mollysdad’ who shared images and details on the cutoff switch and box mounting March, I used a deeper box because I had a slightly bigger switch. Inside the box I was also able to locate the 100A fuse that originally was direct-mounted to one of the batteries.

In the battery department, thank you to both ‘Mikebrady62’ and ‘mattRox’ who advised that since my batteries were showing 9 volts I should head to the Interstate dealer and have them tested. Sure enough both had bad cells and were covered under warranty which gave me a fortunate opportunity to upgrade to a pair of Lifeline AGMs.

To monitor my new batteries, I installed at BMV 712 by shamelessly copying ‘jeffmc306’ also posted in March. I especially appreciated the Amazon links for the box and busbar. I didn’t go the full walnut stand option since we have a Queen with two side tables but overall the results were similar.

Here are some pics showing before and after. All the new wire was 2 gauge and crimped with a hydraulic crimper from Harbor Freight that I can whole-heartedly endorse
https://www.harborfreight.com/hydrau...ool-66150.html

In my pics you will notice some leads still direct to the batteries skipping the cutoff switches. For the curious they are the temp sensor that powers the BMV 712, the hitch jack, the Zamp power plug to allow charging from my 45W panel while parked in storage and the repeater for the TPMS.

I want again to say how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and insights shared on the forum, it tangibly increases the usability and enjoyment of our new 2020 FC 27.
Thanks all,
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3659.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	371096   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3705.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	371097