Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
City , Minnesota
Adding an inverter to 2022 Bambi 16RB

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some one can give me a bit of input on where I should tie in a small inverter with out opening a huge can of worms with the existing wiring

Originally I thought adding it under the bed behind the fuse panel, though it doesn't appear the fuse panel can handle a direct connection, now I am pondering under the dinette with the other components.

Airstream has factory install solar

Inverter: Victron 500VA

Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dwoyq...sax74ekayhad37
Veloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
City , Minnesota
I forgot to add that I intend to install the inverter standalone (not connected to any existing outlets)
The primary use will be to supply power a computer
Old 11-20-2022, 08:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Sounds pretty straightforward. You could connect it to the battery terminals inside the trailer where they come at the 7 way wire (ours comes in at the front roadside corner). There is a terminal bar that you can connect to. Once connected, you could mount the unit in a spot that is accessible near the table. Consider the access to the on/off switch as you will want to try it off when not in use to save your batteries.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:43 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
City , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_NB View Post
Sounds pretty straightforward. You could connect it to the battery terminals inside the trailer where they come at the 7 way wire (ours comes in at the front roadside corner). There is a terminal bar that you can connect to. Once connected, you could mount the unit in a spot that is accessible near the table. Consider the access to the on/off switch as you will want to try it off when not in use to save your batteries.
Thank you

I have almost figured it all out theory

I will mount the inverter with 8 awg cable under the dinette seat right above the vent and I will run the remote switch along with some 300v 14/3 portable cord within the cabinets, under the bed, and mount a GFCI receptacle behind the fuse box compartment.

The only thing I am still on the fence about is the fuse size needed for the 12/500 inverter, it states it comes with 3 internal 35a fuses, I'm not sure if a 40a or 100a fuse is needed for the wire.
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...R-DE-ES-IT.pdf
Old 11-30-2022, 09:08 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
City , Minnesota
Changed the plan a bit:

I’ve decided to place a smaller 12/375 inverter in the bottom cabinet with the white backboard removed to allow it to breathe, from there I’ll run a power strip under the closet & bed right into the foot side of the bed hamper.