Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2022, 11:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

monroe , Arkansas
85 Sovereign AC wiring - Victron Multiplus 3000

We are currently in the process of renovating our Airstream and I am looking at migrating from the current converter/AGM batteries to lithium.

My long term goal is have a Victron Multiplus II 3000, 400AH of lithium batteries and eventually incorporate solar.

The primary issue I have is determining where the AC (shore power) runs and how that connects/will connect to the Multiplus going forward.

I have an AC breaker box in the back cap section of the trailer, shore power connection through the rear bumper compartment and the TU-750-6 converter charger in the front that plugs into the wall.

I see how the DC runs from the converter charger, but it appears as though the AC runs from the wall plug into the converter and if so, does the shore power run directly into the breaker box in the back or though the converter first?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Cap.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	421585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Electrical.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	421586  

Name:	Converter Charger.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	421587  
absinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:44 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

monroe , Arkansas
Following up on this and I think I found the solution.

AFAIK, the power from the Shore Power cable comes up through the back bumper (mounted lower right on the back wall) into a junction box then up to the 120v breaker box.

It appears that after this, the power is then supplied to the trailer and the Converter/Charger pulls it's 120v from the plugin regardless of location and then charges your batteries which feed your 12v system.

This is unfortunate as I would like to configure the AC IN and OUT from the Victron unit (as in the attached diagram).

To perform this function, I will need to run the AC input in the front and then run an AC cable all the way to the back OR place the batteries and Victron in the back and run a DC cable to the front etc.

Am I going about this all wrong?

Any other ideas from the professionals out there??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream Solar Diagram.png
Views:	36
Size:	707.1 KB
ID:	421607  
absinthe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign