Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Hmm, the $100 rebate does make this tempting. However, I'd really like to get the propane/natural gas capable unit and it looks like the US Carb modded unit is the only supplier of this unit and their price is not near the eBay unit.

Argh!! What to do . . .
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
US Carb will sell you the kit . . .

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore
I ordered one (EF2400iS) earlier this week and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I ordered propane/gas version in order not to have to fool around with gas while I am traveling - especially since my truck is diesel.

My AC is an 11,000 Btu so I think the gen will handle it ok. But Page and I don't find ourselves in hot places too much, anyway. We tend to head for the hills in the summer.
Pat
Pat,

On the verge of a purchase myself, so look forward to a post on how it worked out for you.

Cam
WBCCI #3580 - Region 12 NorCal
AIR #8752
Roseville, CA
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #24
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Cam,

I'm still awaiting delivery. I called them on Monday and they said they had gotten backlogged but that they should ship mine in the next week. I'll be sure to report all the details. I also think I'll call back and ask about the $100 rebate too!

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
I'm officially out of the hunt for this generator this year. I broke my leg recently, and all of the generator money is going into medical bills instead.

It will only get cheaper as time goes on, so I will keep my eyes open for deals like this in the future. In the meantime, looking forward to more reviews of this unit.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Hello all:

I am sure you all have discussed the Honda 2000 vs the Yamaha here and on other threads, but...........after camping next to a rig where they ran the Yamaha for six hours so the kids could watch videos, or whatever.....get the Honda PLEASE. Finally I said it was time for wine and cheese and the guy said sure and turned the thing off, finally......

We were camping with a 180 water view on the bluffs. I just don't understand what camping is supposed to be anymore. Think I will go get a consultation, maybe the guy next door has a tutorial video I can watch while camping.

Best, Robert
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Below are the specs for the Honda 2000 vs the Yamaha 2400

As you can see the noise levels are nearly identical. Additionally (not taking propane into account) the Yamaha has more max amps and watts. Of course the Yamaha is heavier than the Honda, which most likely comes from the larger engine (5.5hp vs 3.5). If you go propane on the Honda, it will also most likely have less capacity on LP, which I would think would also be less than the Yamaha in a simialr situation. Yes this is sligtly slanted in the Yamaha's favor, however both inverter generators are very good. In my case though, not wanting to port out the carb myself, the Yamaha would be the gen of choice for me when I get my tax refund. Still haven't decided if I would go with the 1000 or the 2400 yet since I most likely won't worry about the AC unit being needed......

FYI....the Yamaha 3000 and the Honda 3000 also have similar db ratings per the web spec sheets.

EU2000i Specifications
Engine 3.5 HP, Single Cylinder, Overhead Cam, Air Cooled
Displacement 98.5 cc
AC Output 120V
2000W max.(16.7A)
1600W rated (13.3A)
Receptacles 20A 125V Duplex
NEMA Plug Number:
5-20P
DC Output 12V, 96W (8A)
Starting System Recoil
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.1 gallons
Run Time on One Tankful 4 hrs. @ rated load
15 hrs. @ 1/4 load
Dimensions (L x W x H) 20.1" x 11.4" x 16.7"
Noise Level 59 dB @ rated load
53 dB @ 1/4 load
Dry Weight 46.3 lbs.

EF2400is

Type Brushless Inverter
Maximum AC Output 2400 watts
Rated AC Output 2000 watts
Rated / Maximum AC Current 16.7 / 20 amps @ 120V
Engine OHV, Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke, Single Cylinder
Displacement / HP 171cc / 5.5 hp
Overall Length 20.7"
Overall Width 16.5"
Overall Height 18.1"
Dry Weight 70 lbs.
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.6 gallons
Continuous Operation at 1/2 Rated Load Over 8.5 hrs.
Noise Level 53 - 58 dBA
Warranty 2 Years Limited Warranty
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #28
HHP
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Yucca Valley , California
Is there any power loss when operating on alternate fuel?
No, we have never had a single unit show a loss of power on alternate fuel. Though lower gallon-to-gallon in BTU content, sometimes they perform even better than running on gasoline (see also fuel consumption). The engine regulator we install has an external fuel mixture adjuster that can be turned with your fingers and can be fine-tuned to your elevation and to the fuel supply connected. That's why we include the Engine Hour/Tachometer Meter with every generator. You can watch the engines rpm output while turning the mixture adjuster for peak performance and high efficiency. This allows full control over the fuel mixture no matter what elevation. This is a big advantage that allows the engine to be reset at anytime. Engine do not use nearly the same fuel mixture in say Florida as they would in Colorado. Unlike operating on gasoline where the carburetor is a fixed jet and it can not be adjusted only replaced. Lean on alternative fuel is cool running, clean burning and efficient.

What is the fuel consumption of the generators on propane or natural gas?
This is the top question. The simplest answer is that the generators typically use about the same amount of propane(92,000) as they do gasoline; gallon to gallon. For natural gas one therm (100,000 btu) is about one gallon of gasoline (110,000 btu). The biggest mistake most "experts" make in opinionating that a propane or natural gas generator will lose power is based solely on these figures and not on any data they personally have. When figuring power output of any fuel the size of the engine has to be a significant factor of the equation. For instance, comparing a vehicle with a V8 engine to a generator with an 11hp generator attached can not be calculated the same. This topic is covered in detail on the Fuel Consumption page. Use the link on the left side of the page to access this further information

http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-gas-generators.com/faq's.htm#Is%20there%20any%20power%20loss%20when%2 0operating%20on%20alternate%20fuel
HHP is offline   Reply With Quote