Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Generators & Solar Power
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Pittsford , New York
Yamaha 2400 & US carburetion - anybody done it

I just purchased a Yamaha 2400 Generator - was thinking about buying the tri fuel kit from us carburetion.

Anbody installed one of those? How hard was it? I am a semi-mechanically inclined computer guy and wondering how viable it would be for me to install this.

How well does it work?

Any thoughts / suggestions much appreciated!
sigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Use "Search" and you will find a lot on this. I bought mine with the conversion already installed. Works great.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
So if you want a web page that not only sells the system to convert your Yamaha generator to try fuel system. But awnsers all and every question, such as fuel consumption, warranty issues, ext...
Yamaha Propane and Natural Gas Generators
I did the switch to my EF2800iC...
I found that it ran better, sounds more quiet, works better over 9,000 feet.(live and play in colorado).. The amazing thing is when I change the oil how much cleaner it is... not black like when it ran on gasoline.. also It does not smell as bad as gasoline when running...(it maybe more cleaner, I would myself like to know the question to that)

The sight also sells try fuel generators! knowing what I know now, would never buy just a gasoline generator!

Also one last point I also purchased a remote start system... It is a must with a generator...

As for the do it your selfer... I would rank it 5 out of 10... You do need a drill if you want the try fuel, if you just want propane, you do not need to drill. (do yourself a favor buy a brand new drill bit you only have one shot so you want it sharp, I started with a smaller bit and then redrilled with a larger bit two times... this makes sure the hole stays where i want it and does not bore to one side or the other)

todd@VINTSREAM.com
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Does anyone know how to communicate with US Carburetion? The email address they list, tech@uscarb.com , doesn't work and the phone numbers are never answered. I have sent two web form questions that have never been answered.

Barry
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonsr View Post
Does anyone know how to communicate with US Carburetion? The email address they list, tech@uscarb.com , doesn't work and the phone numbers are never answered. I have sent two web form questions that have never been answered.

Barry
I got a pre-built LP 1000 watt Yamaha from them. They are beyond disorganized and nearly unreachable. The product is high quality as is the conversion, but I think you've found the one sore spot, even 2-3 years since the purchase that I still clearly recall I had an issue with.....
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
..... They are beyond disorganized and nearly unreachable. The product is high quality as is the conversion, but I think you've found the one sore spot, even 2-3 years since the purchase that I still clearly recall I had an issue with.....

Ditto

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
And re-ditto. I purchased my 2400 from them and had them do the conversion. Great quality work, never a problem with the unit. Communication however was, um, spare.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
No communication??

Wow..converted my Honda 2000i last Spring, only had to make 2 phone calls, but had no problems. Sounds like things have changed.

But all are right, it is a great conversion, went with the dual mode.

It does work great, on gas and LPG. Seem's quieter too, with a lot less combustion odor.

Pretty straightforward install, just read the pamphlet, get used to the terminolgy. When I did mine they had me send the carb to them for the mod's. Guess to many were having trouble with it.