Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #21

Polk , Ohio
Don't see anything about the Boliy pro 3600 sie wireless remote start 3300 Watt PURE SINE WAVE generator. 86#, runs in economy mode charging batteries for more than 12 hours on 1.9 gallon of gas. You can stand right on top of it and carry on a normal conversation without raising you voice, even with the economy mode off, 13,500 BTU heat pump, microwave and battery charges all running.
Some have mentioned that it is a Honda or Yamaha clone. This is not true. The honda, and Yamaha do not even come close to the same specs as the Boliy. The Boliy has the same internal engine technology as Porche, honda, and Yamaha don't. Boliy has TRUE SINE WAVE. The invertor was designed in Germany with the latest tecnology. It runs our electronic mattress warmer when other invertors don't. The Specs for Honda and Yamaha Don't come close to the Boliy. The Boliy is a better generator. And not overpriced as the Honda, or Yamaha.
I use it in the most hostile environment, as an APU (auxiliary power unit) for a small straight truck. Mounted under the box of the truck behind rear dual wheels. Subject to the weather, and road vibration every mile the truck moves. We do expedited freight, approximately 100,000 miles a year. Don't know of any harsher test for reliability. Push a button on the remote, it starts, push another, it stops. Cheap on gas, sleep right on top of it with it running.
Simply won't waste money on an overpriced, out of tecnology unit.
ML Transport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #22

Polk , Ohio
Don't see anything about the Boliy pro 3600 sie wireless remote start 330 Watt PURE SINE WAVE generator. 86#, runs in economy mode charging batteries for more than 12 hours on 1.9 gallon of gas. You can stand right on top of it and carry on a normal conversation without raising you voice, even with the economy mode off, 13,500 BTU heat pump, microwave and battery charges all running.
Some have mentioned that it is a Honda or Yamaha clone. This is not true. The honda, and Yamaha do not even come close to the same specs as the Boliy. The Boliy has the same internal engine technology as Porche, honda, and Yamaha don't. Boliy has TRUE SINE WAVE. The invertor was designed in Germany with the latest tecnology. It runs our electronic mattress warmer when other invertors don't. The Specs for Honda and Yamaha Don't come close to the Boliy. The Boliy is a better generator. And not overpriced as the Honda, or Yamaha.
I use it in the most hostile environment, as an APU (auxiliary power unit) for a small straight truck. Mounted under the box of the truck. Subject to the weather, and road vibration every mile the truck moves. We do expedited freight, approximately 100,000 miles a year. Don't know of any harsher test for reliability. Push a button on the remote, it starts, push another, it stops. Cheap on gas, sleep right on top of it with it running.
Simply won't waste money on an overpriced, out of tecnology unit.
ML Transport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #23
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I went through the same process a few months ago and ultimately went with the
Honda EU300i Handi. It was compact, light enough for me to lift and enough UUMPH to run the AC on my Airstream. Now I have a teeeny bit of reservation and I'll tell you why. Just the other day I had a brainstorm to look into converting it to run on tri-fuel. ( Which means gas/propane/LNG. It seems that the Honda 2000's as well as the 3000's are easy to convert but mine being the Handi is made with a more compact frame to be, well, more compact and lightweight and this simply makes it more difficult ( not impossible) to get the conversion done. I'm still investigating this but having known this I may have gone a different direction with my purchase. I'm still happy with my purchase. It starts easy and runs quiet and easy to move around so I'm gonna keep it.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I have Honda 1000, 2 ea 2000 and a 3000. All used for different duties.

The 2 2000's are great for camping. Bring one if you won't need A/C and two if you do. Would also suggest the extra fuel tank to keep them running for many hours.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The Boliy generator website (see posts 21 & 22 above) makes no mention of circuit protection for the two different capacity power outlets on their website. There is a 30 amp outlet as well as a 15 amp rated outlet. There are no visible circuit breakers of either 30 amp or 15 amp capacity. If the 15 amp rated outlet has 30 amp potential, then there is a fire hazard for overheating #14 wire at twice it's rated capacity.

The coating on the outside of the motor in not as important as the quality of the internal components.

Based upon the website wording, this is most likely an off shore product with no dealer network in the states.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Hi All,

i'm a noob. first post. We are taking delivery of a 16' sport this week. I've done a lot of reading and research but still a few sticking points. this one in particular

we want to mostly camp without hookups and not in big rv parks. the generator issue is a stickler because we don't want any generator noise at night, but more than that, we have an SUV and I don't want to carry a generator in the trailer either because of gasoline fumes and spillage

question is.. in reasonable (non winter weather) is it possible to:

have a propane generator connected to a charger to replenish the batteries in a couple hours during the daylight hours... say a 2000w generator with a propane conversion

and have enough propane for a reasonable experience.. some heat, a few showers, washing, water pump, etc?

I am having a second battery installed by the dealer.

thanks for your help in advance

Lee
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Hi Lee,

If all you want to do is recharge the battery. Look to converting a Honda 1000 to propane. Small and lightweight.

I'd point out that the Honda fuel caps don't leak fuel or fumes and neither do NATO fuel cans. Might be worth looking into.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Longview , Texas
I finally got this solar generator thing figured out. Seeing as my idea of roughing it is sewer, water, and electricity. This I settled on a quiet generator of adequate capacity run what I might want to run and some things I might not want to run, yet all at the same time. That being a EU7000is Honda, then again, i tend to overkill most everything.
Wayne Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
I would highly recommend a Yamaha generator for the 1000 to 2600 watt size. They offer more features and use metal parts, gas gauge, if needed, pet cock- may not matter too much if you plan to run it propane. The 2400 has a booster to allow engine starts (spikes) for AC units, etc. At around 3000 watts either Honda or Yamaha as they are very similar at that point. I believe Yamaha has the edge on the smaller units even though they are not marketed as much.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
That being a EU7000is Honda, then again, i tend to overkill most everything.

Wayne have you considered the weight of the 7000? It's dry weight is 262 lbs. and that does not include the fuel and oil Do you want to be lifting that heavy a generator in and out of your tow vehicle. Even if you have help that is a lot of weight to be lifting, even more so if you are by yourself
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:18 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Longview , Texas
urnmor

Thanks and yes i did. I have no intention of taking it out of the truck bed, no way!!, I have a tractor with front end loader which i will use for the lifting. We live down here in the wonderful south, where it gets hot as Hades, humid as the beach and my idea of boon docking is with the companions of electricity, water and sewer. Three times last year were without power camping, once for day and a half due to ice storm in west Texas camping at Christmas at the McDonald observatory, then again in the middle of no where in west Texas same ice storm hit again 150 miles east two days later, and yep we were in the middle of that too. Then another at a Lake during a wind storm which blew down trees and closed the way in and and mostly wife's preference of the items of sewage, water, lights and other amenities most of which were discovered in the last hundred years or so we find we prefer to camp in comfort rather than as pioneers of the 1800's. Not downing those who like to do that we just prefer otherwise. Then adding the rv's two heat pump air conditioners and power requirements of the rest of the things we found necessary like lights, running water, hot water, microwave, motion pictures on the wall, etc. After giving it what i thought to be good research we settled on the EU7000is and put it in the back end of the pickup yesterday and plugged in to test it out. With the 120/440 plugged in and both a/c running surge of both at once was no problem and when both running along with all those things you think aren't running when they really are like smoke detectors, monoxide etc, the constant draw under full loads with fans on them running at high the draw was 4500. I doubt we ever use much over the one air conditioner as seldom has been needed but in the event it is needed it will power it as well as the other tings we consider necessities, though we might have to shut one ac off for microwave and coffee pot but then they can be turned back on. With the single 30 plug 110 the unit would pull one air conditioner, tried both, unit sensed overload to generator and generator shut power off to rv and went to idle. which is exactally what it was advertised to do. As for noise level, absolutely amazing. With it running you can stand right beside it and carry on normal conversations. Well that was my take on things. Thanks to all
Old 05-31-2015, 07:28 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
It seems like you have it all covered. Enjoy
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Longview , Texas
Then again on a passing thought, you might just consider us being CANDY ASS CAMPERS
Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I did the same - eu 7000is

I bought mine as dual purpose home use and for boondocking - I had similar output with both ac's on - about 4200 as I recall

We live in AL and I plan on boondocking on a friends lake property in hot summer - we run both AC's when it's that hot

Also it serves as full power for any guests that come to my house and allowed me to (for now) forgo 50p service install which was goi g to be costly due to significant distance of the work

Loading is a bit of a pain - I had a buddy weld a small harbor freight crane thing to a hitch and it loads that way - takes me about 15 min o load it up - no lifting required - I want to refine my crane placement more later but it gets the job done fine at this point and we do not boondock much

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:05 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Newport , Pennsylvania
Will the honda 7000 run both airs
EarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlM View Post
Will the honda 7000 run both airs

With ease yes

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
7000 watts at 120volts is 58.3 amps that's lots of power most homes in the 1950 s had 60 amp service( 220 volt) and today in canada the standard home has 100 amp service (220 volt) so like I said 7000 watts is plenty of power!
Enjoy your generator

Don
2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
How many times do we need to see the same thread on what generator to use????
Larry
Get a "sticky" posted! others would like to know!! this question will come up time & time again!!!!
Chill
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f106...on-122678.html
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote