Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Honda Generator Shortage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I have found found 5 on line retailers and 3 local stores that have them in stock. Shortage? I do not think so.
About a month ago I saw over a dozen of them stacked at the Albuquerque Camping World. Hard to imagine how many more they had in the back. Shortage? Maybe a spot shortage but I rather doubt a nation-wide shortage. Maybe they all got shipped to the northeast to handle the Blizzard Juno fizzle.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #22
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Martin simply file a claim with your credit card company for non receipt of the product. They should remove it from you next billing cycle effectively giving the money back to you. That will quickly force a vendor to do the same. If they should ship to you simply refuse the shipment, don't sign for it. That's why I love Amex.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #23
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@honda View Post
The plant will be re-tooling this year to start making large 2-stage snow blowers and a yet-unannounced generator model.
So I shouldn't buy the yamaha 2400 just yet? [emoji4]
Old 02-02-2015, 12:38 AM   #24
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Any web-based retailer who wants to charge your card in advance of shipping you a standard item that is out-of-stock is one I would avoid. There's no reason to charge the card until the item is back in stock and ready for shipment.

If that happened to me and they were reluctant to cancel the order and immediately push the credit back to my card, I would complain to my bank about the fraudulent charge and ask them to intervene so I could get the money back and then order my generator from a more customer-focused supplier.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #25
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Unfortunately my bank 'requires' that I notify the seller that I want to cancel the order (which I did), then wait 15 days before they will start the process of recovering the charge, to 'allow the seller the opportunity to voluntarily issue a refund', BS!

I certainly would not recommend anyone purchase from WiseSales in future.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #26
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Wow. I would also switch banks. Immediately.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #27
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Well here we are now approaching 8 weeks after I placed the order with WiseSales for the EU2000i and they billed my credit card.

More so, it is 3 weeks after I finally lost patients and cancelled the order, and they they promised a full refund.

It is also a week after I gave up waiting for the refund from them (Dorothy on their custom service has been very nice about it, happily reporting they have such a back-log of making refunds because so many are cancelling - I did point out that wasn't my problem!) and reached the 15 day limit (after cancellation) which enabled me to raise a dispute of the charges.....but still no money back so I can go buy a unit from someone that has them in stock!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
Time for American Express

Martin,
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Wise. I almost ordered from them. Glad I didn't. I just went to my local Yamaha dealer and he gave me a price of $879 for an EF2000is. That's a damn good price. $966 out-the-door.

Two points to be made here.

Go with the Yamaha. Better unit IMHO. Cheaper too. No need to pay for the Honda name, and who wants a red generator anyway?

Drop that credit card and get yourself an American Express card. You cannot touch their customer service. One call to them would have already had credit placed back onto your card by the very next bidniz day, and a dispute opened vs Wise Sales. The retailer is forced to respond. I have been with them since 1990. They are the best in the credit card industry. Did I mention you get points that you can redeem on Amazon.com?

Git u one!

Gavin
FishinHatteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Thanks Gavin, I am now looking at the Yamaha, but for one main reason; by the specs it is approx 1" narrower - may not sound much but in a 20ft motorhome (which actually means about 130" length living area), 1" is worth saving!!!!

I have an AMEX card for company use but travel a lot overseas where AMEX isn't so widely accepted, so my personal credit card is BoA Visa, seems the regular BoA banking services have no influence over the Visa department or at least that's what my branch claims anyway.

At this time of year (when we aren't camping), I actually would not have minded if Wise did have a delay in supplying, as long as they only ran my card on shipment. At least it would give them some incentive to order more.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Henderson , Nevada
I had a similar experience in October. A friend recommended buying a Honda generator thru Wise b/c of the price and good service he received.

I ordered the generator weeks before a long weekend trip. As I watched the clock wind down, I kept calling about the back order status. At the last minute I called and cancelled the order and had to go to a nearby store to buy one off the shelf.

The refund process took some time as well, but it was refunded finally without incident. But there certainly was no shortage of generators at local big box stores, just at standard higher prices.
rmax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
They must be in financial trouble. They must owe Honda money.
WiseSales Reviews - Consumer Reviews of Wisesales.com | SiteJabber
Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Downside to Internet Buying

There IS a shortage here.

The company has had a shortage of paying it's suppliers - and as a result they have a shortage of inventory to sell. Clearly they didn't have strong financial backers, or their backing has backed out. Robust sales and good cash flow can make a business think everything is great, but if the profit margins aren't good enough or costs aren't well controlled, or your financial management isn't good, it is easy for a business to be one disaster away from failure. Right now Virginia has had freezing weather for 8 days in a row. In the coastal areas no one is prepared for this kind of weather event. Virginia Beach will probably lose 5 restaurants in the next three months because they lost 3 or 4 days of business and had to throw out food that went bad. THEN the owners find out that their "business interruption" insurance has a $5K deductible... and they have no contingency reserve.

Betcha something similar happened to this supplier - and unfortunately they're dishonest enough that they hope to keep their nostrils above water "long enough" for them to get a credit extension or SOMETHING else to resolve/fix/improve the situation.

Here is the situation for those who have already paid. Call again, tell them your next calls will be as follows:
  • The Attorney General of Illinois - credit card fraud
  • The FBI interstate commerce credit card fraud
  • your credit card provider - reporting credit card fraud
  • 10 on your side (or what ever local TV station does public service news features
  • BBB - (yawn) but why not
  • The local prosecuter - asking about forcing their company into involuntary bankruptcy
  • FTC - federal trade commission & FCC federal communications commission - interstate wire fraud
  • OR
  • they might want to get YOUR credit done within the next 30 minutes.

Seriously - you'd probably not get a whole lot of traction with most of these phone calls, but as someone who has filed an informal complaint with the FCC you eventually do get SOMETHING - not fast and not generous, but at least a refund. (Took me 9 months but I got $30 K that was owed our company back. Did the happy dance. Would have been a lot happier if it had been one or two months but ... whew it was better than never getting it back.)

I very much doubt that the FCC could take down the company's website, but just the slight chance that it could happen might make someone fly right.

Good luck
Old 02-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
WOW! Something's going on....

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:51 AM   #34
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Just to close this out.....

I got my money back (yeah!), from the credit card company and a notification that they are trying to recover it from Wise Sales.

There are two Honda dealers near-by (one independent, one Honda dealership), neither would price match, so I ordered one from Northern Tool - 4 days later it arrived, same price as Wise but they at least came through with delivery!