Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
Need A Generator? Act today!

Received the following from US Carb who supplied by conversion kit for my generator.

If you need a generator take a look. Dave

Hello David:

Our spring/summer generator orders have started arriving here at our showroom. We have a few remaining models from winter and we also want to give a chance for your to save on the newly arrived inventory.

From now until Midnight eastern time, we are having a flash sale on Yamaha generators. See below for prices.

Additionally the first 3 customers to place orders using coupon code GEN0516 will save an additional $100.

All Yamaha generators include installation of US Carburetion's patented hybrid fuel conversion system and free shipping.
Generator Description Price Qty Shipping Cost Yamaha EF2000iSv2 - 2000 Watt Hybrid Fuel (Propane, Natural Gas, Gasoline) Inverter Generator $1267.20
$1167.20 5 Buy Free* Yamaha EF2600Q - 2600 Watt Hybrid Fuel (Propane, Natural Gas, Gasoline) Generator - Yamaha Premium Series $1065.16
$899.00 2 Buy Free* WOW!!! - Yamaha EF30iSEBX 3000 Watt Hybrid Fuel (Propane, Natural Gas, Gasoline) Inverter Generator $2568.41
$2222 5 Buy Free* WOW!!! Yamaha EF4500iSE 4500 Watt Hybrid Fuel (Propane, Natural Gas, Gasoline) Inverter Generator $3294.26
$2900 1 Buy Free* PRE-SALE SPECIAL - Yamaha EF6300iSDE 6300 Watt Hybrid Fuel (Propane, Natural Gas, Gasoline) Inverter Generator $3702.43
$3400 2 Buy Free*
To order:
  • Use the "Buy" links above OR
  • Call our office at 1-800-553-5608 OR
  • Reply to this email with questions or contact info and we will call you!!
Remember the flash sale is only good until midnight tonight!

Sincerely,

US Carburetion
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Day late dollar short. I got my new generator from Yamaha and a kit from USC last week.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #3

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Thanks so much for the update. FYI the discount code is still working (5/10 8am) and I placed my order this morning a few minutes ago. Can't beat the utility of this generator. My plan is to use it on propane when I'm traveling and when home use it with natural gas. Shipping is also free and no sales tax. $1,067 + $49 for the extension hose.

If others are interested now is the time to grab one.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
Thanks so much for the update. FYI the discount code is still working (5/10 8am) and I placed my order this morning a few minutes ago. Can't beat the utility of this generator. My plan is to use it on propane when I'm traveling and when home use it with natural gas. Shipping is also free and no sales tax. $1,067 + $49 for the extension hose.

If others are interested now is the time to grab one.

Jack
Which size did you get for that price?

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:24 AM   #5

Fenton , Missouri
That was for the EF2000iSV2. Me wife uses a dialysis machine at night. This will supply ample power to run it, the electronics of the fridge, lighting and furnace if necessary.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-10-2016, 07:32 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Jack,

I just called them and the code is no longer good this morning. They are going to email their best price on the 1000 watt unit I asked about on those other threads. The list price on the site is $1071 for the package incl. the tri-fuel reg., tach, and hose.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f448...0i-147804.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f448...ne-148661.html

http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-ga...m/ef1000is.htm

PS edit their site says they have been swamped with new orders FYI so it is hard to get through.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #7

Fenton , Missouri
Need generator act today

Web site shows $1,167.20 so if they offered you 1,071, they are still giving you the discount.....oh wait, I saw in the other thread you were going for the 1000 watt unit. Their web guy was supposed to come in at 9am eastern. He probably pulled the code off by the time you called. I may have been the last person to get the deal.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-10-2016, 08:06 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thx will post price given in email TBD.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #9

Fenton , Missouri
Got a call. They apparently sold a lot of generators. They have to wait for a new shipment from Yamaha so it will be a couple of weeks before I get mine.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Got a call. They apparently sold a lot of generators. They have to wait for a new shipment from Yamaha so it will be a couple of weeks before I get mine.

Jack
Same here at the $1071 price referenced earlier for the tri-fuel 1000 watt package.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:

Jack
FYI US Gen has confirmed that the shipment incl. our 1k unit is still about a week out. They did receive other models so you might want to check in with them, Jack.

Peter
Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #12

Fenton , Missouri
Got my generator last week. Pulled it out today to start the break in process. (Running 2 hours on gasoline with a half load draw). I'm 35 minutes into the run time at this point. Engine is running 3700 rpm and I'm drawing 800 watts. All looks good. Engine started on second pull with full choke. I shut off the choke after about 10 seconds of run time. I flipped the switch to eco mode and the engine slowed down to a quiet idle. As I added load the engine speeded up to match the wattage load.

Once we get through the break in, I'll try a run on propane.

Well with 4 minutes to go I ran out of gas. Close enough. The hour meter on the engine shows 1.9 hours. I didn't want to leave gasoline in it so I guessed pretty well on the amount of fuel to add when I gassed it up.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	263073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	263074  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	450.4 KB
ID:	263075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	263077  

AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-24-2016, 03:56 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
Once we get through the break in, I'll try a run on propane.
. . .
Lookin' good, thanks!

Did you get extra propane hose from them to hook up to the trailer's propane BBQ port (if you have one), or are you planning on using separate bottles with the new gen? Often we locate the generator at the back of our site, where it is quieter for the neighbors, so I am planning on getting some extra hose [depending on site of course]. I assume these longer hoses are also available online with the quick-release fittings standard, like air hoses.

Good timing to use up the gas that way . . .

Peter
Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #14

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Lookin' good, thanks!

Did you get extra propane hose from them to hook up to the trailer's propane BBQ port (if you have one), or are you planning on using separate bottles with the new gen? Often we locate the generator at the back of our site, where it is quieter for the neighbors, so I am planning on getting some extra hose [depending on site of course]. I assume these longer hoses are also available online with the quick-release fittings standard, like air hoses.

Good timing to use up the gas that way . . .

Peter
I don't have an external gas port on my vintage of trailer. I did buy a 12' hose and regulator kit from US Carburetor when I bought the generator from them. My plan would be to disconnect one tank if necessary, or use my 11 lb BBQ tank that I carry with me.

So today I put the fittings together and hooked the generator up to the BBQ tank that I carry. As I noted I ran the gasoline out of the generator during the break in phase so at this point there is no gas in the generator.

All I did was turn the on off switch to on, push a spring loaded button on the engine regulator a couple of times (you can hear the propane flow when you push the button in). Then I pulled the starter handle a couple of times. The engine started much like it did on gasoline. Once it starts and warms, you can adjust a load block set screw to get the best rpm. They key on this generator is to turn the screw to get the best rpm on the installed tach and then you close the screw to lean out the flow. Once the rpm drops, you go back a tad richer to get the speed back. US Carburetor notes in their instructions that propane and natural gas burns cleaner and cooler if the engine is running on the lean side.

Supposedly you are supposed to make this adjustment with a full load on the generator. I was only running about 1/3 load so I plan to readjust with a full load on. I'll do that when I get the trailer home in the driveway. The generator with no load ran at 1500 rpm. When I put a 1/3 load it went up to 3000 rpm. If I turned off the automatic load adjustment switch on the generator, it went up to 4,000 rpm. The load adjustment switch is used to conserve fuel with the load determining engine speed.

Bottom line my plan for now is to use propane for the generator with the possibility of running on natural gas if I'm home. I'm also looking at getting a transfer switch at home so that the generator can power the refrigerator, furnace, and my wife's dialysis equipment. Until I get that switch, I'll probably use propane as my fuel at home until I get the switch and the natural gas quick disconnect hose.

I didn't want to go to a lot of work at home until I proved out the tri-fuel concept. Now that I've proven the gas/propane side, I'll pursue getting the home side set up.

Not having the inbuilt gas line on the trailer isn't a big thing for me. We use approximately one tank of gas a year so one is always full and available for use. I know there are components that I can buy that will allow me to have a second high pressure port off the tank. I used to have one on my old SOB to run my gas grill without having to disconnect the tank's connection to the trailer. For the now I will just unscrew the POL connection off one tank if I need to use the generator. I normally only run with one valve open anyway.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for going into detail Jack on the set up under load etc.. My 1000 is supposed to ship in the next day or two, so I will revisit this next week after reading the manuals. How much do you anticipate having to change the fuel mixture as you use yours? Seems to me the loads will always be varying, so will it be possible to adjust things to one acceptable median setting, like a gas generator?

Have a good long weekend!

Peter
Old 05-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #16

Fenton , Missouri
It's really a one time adjustment. The concept is the propane or natural gas flows through a regulator. It has a diaphragm which opens and closes to regulate the amount of propane or NG going into the carburetor. When the engine is under full load, the diaphragm is wide open. So you start the generator adjust the block to get the engine running smoothly. Let it warm up and then put a full load on it. At that point the engine should be at its max rpm. You adjust the block to get the engine to its best rpm. The key at that point is screwing the adjusting bolt to lean the gas flow. So you lean it out till you see the rpms drop. Then back the bolt slowly to get the rpms back to their max. At that point you engage the locking nut against the adjusting bolt. This should get you the leanest setting for max rpm. This is the condition they call "lean is cool & clean" in the manual.

Now you shouldn't require any further adjustment unless you switch between propane and natural gas. Also if you change altitudes 1,000 feet or more from your previous run location, you will need to readjust.

I'm going to do my adjustment with the trailer next week to see what appliances I need to turn on to get a 1,600 watt load. That will make the adjusting process easier if I travel to locations where I get altitude changes 1,000+ feet.

I think your generator may not having a locking nut, but rather a spring to maintain the position of the adjusting bolt.

Hope this helps you!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks, will let you now next week.

Have a good weekend,

Peter
Old 05-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #18
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
So you can adjust your mixture to compensate for altitude?
Old 05-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #19

Fenton , Missouri
Need A Generator? Act today!

Yes, the adjustment is for the propane/natural gas side. It's important to keep the engine fuel lean when running with these two fuels. Once you get the max rpm from the initial adjustment you fine tune it to the lean side. That apparently deals with combustion temperatures that I've heard could be higher than what gasoline provides if not regulated properly.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Yes, the adjustment is for the propane/natural gas side. It's important to keep the engine fuel lean when running with these two fuels. Once you get the max rpm from the initial adjustment you fine tune it to the lean side. That apparently deals with combustion temperatures that I've heard could be higher than what gasoline provides if not regulated properly.

Jack
Hi Jack,

Our gen arrived, and I am wondering about the instruction to keep the gas tank at least 1/4 full even when later operating on propane. Have you done this? Your earlier post says you let the gas tank go empty.

Apparently it is part of the national code, but reading between the lines my hunch is that some people let the gas tank go empty for safety reasons (no gas fumes in the tow vehicle).

I am planning on doing the gasoline 2-hour run-in over the weekend.

Thanks for your feedback on the above, and for any further thoughts. Is your gen up and running for the medical device you planned on?

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Peter

PS we are not planning on using the natural gas side of this, but I did note their caution to make sure that your domestic supply line is big enough, in terms of the length of run between your supplier's high pressure regulator and the outlet for the trailer. [FWIW and FYI]