Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Generators & Solar Power
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
how do you plumb LP for twin Yamaha generators

OK, I need some help here. I've searched and looked at many topics and threads but I'm unable to find the info that I know must be here somewhere. I'm purchasing twin Yamaha 2000 gens from US Carb. Is the pressure regulator on my existing two cylinder regulator adequate or do I need to add a regulator. To further confuse things, I would also like to add a connection for a small LP BBQ. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Hope you get an answer to this as I'd like to know also.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I only run one 2400, but I just tee'd a line off the tanks on the regulated side and it works fine. I use the same line for my BBQ, but I don't run them at the same time.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
_

. , .
robert cross uses 2 hondaz on lp gas and has posted pix of his plumbing, go fish...

depending on LINE length, sure a T off the tanks after the pressure regulator will work...

another T can be added for an lp grill or lantern or fake fire place...

the problem with using the ON BOARD lp tanks is proximity of the 2 gensets to your LIVING space.

while lpg is 'clean fuel' and complete combustion results in co2 and h2o...

combustion is TYPICALLY not complete and will vary with altitude, load and genset performance...

which means CO will be a byproduct, just like with gasOline.

many LP related disasters are from breathing CO.

i would NOT want to NOT be able to put a little distance between stream and gensets when warranted.

plus you will SUCK the onboard tanks dry in no time, which means NO fridge or water heater or furnace.

consider carrying a 3rd lptank that's identical to the worthingtons ON da'stream...

then u can position the gensets wherever is IDEAL, based on wind/trees/neighbors and the 30 amp cord.

u can swap OFF the 3 tanks and start looking for a REFILL when the 3rd tank is needed.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Thanks 2air. That kind of confirms what I've been thinking, that is carrying a separate tank for the gens, but I would like a backup connection in case the extra tank goes down. I've also heard that the BBQ connection needs to be ahead of the regulator on the onboard tanks as most have their own regulator included. I'm talking about a small table top BBQ with the control /regulator on the unit. Yes, no?
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
_

. , .
the lp grill sequence gets CONFUSING, so don't look here for clarity...

i've got one grill that goes 1way and one that goes the other way...

IF u are gonna buy a 3rd 30LB tank consider an aluminum worthington....

they are MUCH lighter than the steel tanks, empty or full.

much depends on how often and long and howmuch LOAD the dual gensets will be running.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote